Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2015, 12:05 AM   #1

Highest Quality TT Currently

I'm switching from a class A back to a TT. I would like to get the highest quality built TT available. 30 - 35 feet, weight is not an issue. Think fully loaded/luxury models.
My tow vehicle is a 2015 Ford F-350 CC long bed. Please give me your opinions based on quality build, craftsmanship, and company pride and customer service.

Thank you in advance for your opinions!
FossilHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2015, 09:58 AM   #2

You might have to move up to a fifth wheel to find what you are looking for. Most TTs are built to appeal to the low end to middle level RVer pricewise. A fiver would have residential quality furniture and cabinetry, self leveling, dishwasher, and provisions for a washer dryer to name a few advantages, if that is what you want.
Texastbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:30 AM   #3

I'd look at Airstream and Arctic Fox.
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:26 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I think I'd rather talk about tires or oil than this.
Old 10-18-2015, 07:38 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Then it's New Horizons but be prepared, your looking at 100K + and they are built to order. They are the best. But, back on planet earth look at the Blackstone line of OutdoorsRV. If you want more info, just call them up or go to the factory for a tour. The people there are great.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 09:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetogo View Post
I'd look at Airstream and Arctic Fox.
You are exactly right! Even with these brands though you still need to change out some components to improve your satisfaction. With all products built as cheaply as possible with the lightest components if you change out the cheap plastic sink with a china Kohler model along with a Price Pfister faucet as an example everytime you use the bath you will smile. I enjoy making these changes and personalizing to my tastes.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 09:38 PM   #7

Coming from a total nOOb here but will give you my take. We have been casually looking at TTs at various local dealers and then went to the LA RV show in Pomona this weekend. We have looked at so many makes/models it makes my head hurt. We were looking at a Lacrosse model mostly due to the floorpan we really like. Well, after visiting the Dennis Dillon spread and their lineup of the Blackstone 280RLSB at the show, it is night and day on the quality of the trailers. IMO, the Blackstone was far and away so much nice than any of the other TT i saw at the show. I didn't walk into any 5ers just because that is not what we want so i won't go there. Take a hard look at the Blackstone. We are but trying to figure out if we want to drop $50K or not.
Parks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:13 AM   #8

Thank you for the useful comments so far. I will check into the Blackstone's.
FossilHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:14 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FossilHunter View Post
Thank you for the useful comments so far. I will check into the Blackstone's.
We have a 2014 Black Stone and have had nothing but problems with it, I truly believe our trailer is a LEMON, but ORV has problems with workmanship and quality control. The Outdoors RV Forum has a lot of information on ORV trailers, scroll down on past posts.
We like our Black Stone but we are so disappointed with all the continuing problems we have had with it.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:04 AM   #10

I vote for an Airstream Land Yacht. It is expensive but really cool looking. I know Airstream does not provide a lot of room nor storage and the 'soft metal' aluminum shell will eventually leak with approx. 1,400 hand installed rivits. But I can not walk into one without saying 'wow' cool. They provide much more natural lite than other trailers.

Peterson Excel built some TT's called Winslow. If you can find one of will be used.

Good luck
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:56 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
Then it's New Horizons but be prepared, your looking at 100K + and they are built to order. They are the best. But, back on planet earth look at the Blackstone line of OutdoorsRV. If you want more info, just call them up or go to the factory for a tour. The people there are great.
I don't see a NH TT listed as a product on their web site. I though they discontinued making them. Probably didn't sell well so would be next to impossible to find a used one.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:24 PM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
New Horizons is their own mfg. If you want to see how well a TT can be made just check out the New Horizons RV web suite. They are way beyond me and what I want to tow.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1010 View Post
We have a 2014 Black Stone and have had nothing but problems with it, I truly believe our trailer is a LEMON, but ORV has problems with workmanship and quality control. The Outdoors RV Forum has a lot of information on ORV trailers, scroll down on past posts.
We like our Black Stone but we are so disappointed with all the continuing problems we have had with it.

That doesn't sound good. I remember reading all your post and the delays you had on the order process. Hate to say, i hope your was a lemon as i really like the ones I've been in. Most other seem to have good luck that i have read on this site.
Parks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:05 PM   #14

Jayco Owners Club
I looked at the New Horizons site and it looked like they only build 5ers and toy haulers... not TTs. Did I miss something...? I'm OLD and often do...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality