Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2016, 08:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithBowls View Post
I think in your class the only 2 brands worth looking at are Lance and Artic Fox. Both very nice quality.
I agree! I have a Nash which is a brother brand to Arctic Fox. I would also add Airstream to the list. Go for quality over bling.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2016, 08:54 PM   #16

If it's what you want to do then go for it. I trust you've done the math.
You may decide you enjoy it more than you thought and squeeze in extra or longer trips, we did!

Old 08-01-2016, 08:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithBowls View Post
I think in your class the only 2 brands worth looking at are Lance and Artic Fox. Both very nice quality.
I have a Nash which is another Northwood Company product. I would also add Airstream to the list. Even though they were recently purchased by Thor their quality seems to be holding up. Jayco is Thor's latest victim.
Stay away from Keystone as a general rule.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:05 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruitis View Post
My wife and I are shopping for our first travel trailer. I am aware of the towing capicity of our F150. We see ourselves spending 5 weekends a year at campgrounds with our two children who are currently 2 years old. We have some preferences to limit our choices (new, bunks, exterior bathroom door, approximate 28' length.) Our biggest issue is trying to figure out how much $ to spend. Quality does appear to be related to cost.

What advice do you have for a first time buyer? What have you learned is important or is a waste?
I expect if you find the right TT for your family the days used will creep up. It is much easier to get away when all you have to do is pack some food, the favorite toys and head out.

Tags
advice