Originally Posted by 1987dram
I have a couple of questions. I have searched and cant find it. So maybe some one here can help.
I have what i be-leave to be a 1978 30' Holiday rambler TT series 3000. I cant find the vin # anywhere! So i am trying to get it registered in the state of CT and they are telling me if it over 3000 lbs i need a title.
1) Does any one know the GVW
2) does any one if travel trailers in Maine have titles.
3) The vin # does any one know for certain weather it is on a metal tag or it is stamped on the frame?
Thank you for your help,
1. No sorry. Probably no more than 8000pounds
2. Ask the state DMV office. Probably so as it will also require a license plate
3. Generally speaking you will find the vin number on two places on a TT. First is stamped on the "A" frame as I remember on the drivers side arm. Second and more convienent place to find will be a tag at the left front corner of the trailers body. This tag will also give you useful information like original tire size, axle ratings and GVWR numbers.