Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #1

how can i operate hot water heater with electric for skyline koala 18bh

how can i operate hot water heater with electric for skyline koala 18bh.
I only used the hot water heater with gas last time.

thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well, first: does it even have an electric element in the WH? If not then you'll need to add one, which could void the warranty.

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:56 AM   #3

On the newer model TT's the "on off" switch is either outside under the burner on the tank or inside under the cabinet on the backside of the hot water heater. Flip the switch to "on" and then turn you panel switch for the water heater to "on". Should stay red while heater is running. When you want to go back to propane you have to turn the switch "off'. OF COURSE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SWITCH AT THE WATER HEATER YOU DO NOT HAVE ELECTRIC
Old 07-10-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Entry level trailers seldom have electric hot water options. You can add a HottRod.
Hott Rod Water Heater Accessory - PPL Motor Homes

It is slow to recover for heating the water and works best to supplement the gas heat.

Ken
Old 07-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #5

It says i already have it and the switch on the panel. But i turned it on waited 10 min and Still cold water......
Old 07-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #6

Did you find the "on off" switch at the water heater? Got to have that switched on. Not the switch on the panel. You turn the panel switch on after you turn the electrical switch at the water heater. When on "propane' the red panel light goes out after lit. When on electric it will burn red all the time. I know it is frustrating but you will get through this and sometime down the road be able to help someone else
Old 07-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackman
Did you find the "on off" switch at the water heater? Got to have that switched on. Not the switch on the panel. You turn the panel switch on after you turn the electrical switch at the water heater. When on "propane' the red panel light goes out after lit. When on electric it will burn red all the time. I know it is frustrating but you will get through this and sometime down the road be able to help someone else
Oh. Ok. Thank you much.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #8

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Be careful though. If you turn the element on and the tank is not full of water you'll burn out the element in a very short time. Don't asks how I know!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #9

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackman View Post
On ours we have three switches, one on the WH itself, one on the control panel for the electric element and then the gas switch. I leave the one on the WH on all the time (should turn it off when I drain the WH, would have seved the element once). The gas one lights up ONLY while trying to light, once the WH lights the light goes out. The electric switch light stays on all the time when on.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #10

It's great to know all of information. Thank you for everyone.

Tags
heater, water