Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #57
I started out with a 2004 36' Weekend Warrior 5th wheel toyhauler.

Then went to a 2006 40' Skyline Rampage 387 and a Fleetwood Scorpion S1 toyhauler.

Then bought and designed a 2008 Peterbilt 387 to be converted into a Motorcoach.

Currently own a Fuzion 399 toyhauler.

Bigg-limo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #58
LMAO! This is great.
Tent camped for years. During that time (about 2000) I bought a '96 Damon 32' 5ver from a friend to LIVE in. I took a pay cut and was working my way into a new better job that pays so much better now, and he bought a house and couldn't afford both payments so I took the camper payments over, and I lived in his back yard. LOL! NO truck to pull it anywhere, so I still tent camped!

I bought a house in about 2007 or so, and had the 5ver towed to the RV pad there at my new house where it sat for a year since I had no way to tow it.

Sold it about 2008 and bought a 8x10 motorcycle box trailer and added a bed, A/C, and lights to it to camp in (2008 or so). Worked great, for the bike and as a camper, and my friends had converted bigger box trailers to campers, MINUS the bathroom facilities. We always stayed where there were bath houses.

About 2010 a couple friends got toyhaulers as upgrades. Then in 2011 a couple more did too.
Then in 2012 I LUCKED into a sweet deal on my current 2007 Salem LE 27' Toyhauler. Deal was so sweet, I couldn't pass on it even though it was too much for my truck then. Towed it home looking for blue lights, knowing I stole it! Towed slow and easy for that year and a half. AND never farther than 200 miles and all in the flat land of Florida. Most trips were only 100 miles. Upgraded to a 2500 Dodge recently and I am waiting to tow it for the first time soon.

So 2 actual campers - still have 1
a box trailer - still have and used at Sturgis 2013 bike rally this year.
NUMEROUS tents! One big enough I parked my bike in the front 1/2!

Bob and sometimes - Nina - a Staffordshire Terrier/a SPOILED pit and her kitty Spaz
2006 Dodge SLT 2500 4x4 Cummins Quad Cab w/AT and 3.73
2007 Salem Sport LE 26FBSRV (TH) w/ my Victory Motorcycle in it or a EZ GO Shuttle cart.
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #59
Forest River Owners Club
Tent camped with kids. 10 years.
1977 slide in pickup camper
1984 Starcraft 19' pop up
2012 Flagstaff Microlite 23' tt
2013 Palomino Sabre 36' fiver

I love this hobby!
Flaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #60

Forest River Owners Club
Started with a tent, that didn't last long.
2003 Aliner Expedition Sport for 8 years
2010 Jayco Jay Feather Ultralite 197 for 2 years
Current 2013 Forest River surveryor sport sp220 25', just retired so that's it for a long while!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	08082013williamskoa 001aE.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	44681  
2012 Ram 1500 4X4, 5.7L Hemi
2013 Forest River Surveyor Sport 220 25'
pt1655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:22 AM   #61
Originally Posted by scbwr View Post
1988 - We bought a used Starcraft Meteor (8' box) and my boys were 4 & 8.
1989 - Moved up to a new Starcraft Flyer (10' box)
1992 - Purchased a new Starcraft Starflyer (12' box)...the boys really liked that huge bed! DW and I were quite cozy and happy sharing the basic double bunkend.
2003 - We bought our Sunline TR-280 and used it for visiting the boys while they were in college.
2014 - We plan to downsize to a smaller, lighter unit...looking seriously at the Minnie Winnie 2201DS. I should be in my 70's before we need the next one....should be interesting to see what changes occur in the RV industry by then!!!

Yep...add the 2201DS to the list. We pick it up this coming week...so it will be camper #5. Since we're in our 60's, we'll have to see how many more there will be as I wouldn't mind being one of those 80 year old guys still out there haulin' and campin'!!
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #62
I've had 4. The first was a small cargo trailer I camped in, basically a step up above "tent camping"
billandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #63
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Started with a pop up 4 x6 behind our gold Wing motorcycle. even had air conditioning. traded for A-liner for a season. then bought a Hi Lo and took it to Alaska, yuk. On way home traded for a 36 rexhall. So that was 3 units in 18 months. traded the ill handling Rex for a 40 ft damon, now thor Tuscany. planning on keeping this one. safe travels ed

EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote