Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2015, 05:35 PM   #43

We replaced ours with this mattress. LOVE IT. I toss and turn and other than my husband saying I stole the covers the didn't know when I moved. We liked it so much we bought one for our master suite and one for a guest bedroom.

http://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Innovati...words=mattress

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2015, 04:51 PM   #44

topper

we just bought a memory foam gel topper 2" thick. put it in the tt to expand.

Jim

Old 06-12-2015, 06:01 PM   #45

I haven't seen anyone suggest it...but maybe I'm just cheap. We use the $20-or-so Intex air mattress from Walmart. For under $100 we have a queen for the bedroom, two full beds for the couch and dinette, and a twin for extra just in case.

We find them very comfortable. For the living area we leave the bedding on them, let the air out, and fold it up to store until the evening. Takes about 2 minutes to get out and inflate.

We do sleep very well on them and they're not the double height where you need a ladder to get on them from a platform.

If it ever gets a hole (which we've only been on about two dozen trips with them) there's always a Walmart around the corner. Or buy a spare and keep it in the box for an emergency.

Again, maybe I'm just cheap!

2015 Ram 3500 DRW
2015 Cedar Creek 38FL
guy.lawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:17 PM   #46

I purchased a 3" memory foam topper from target for our queen mattress. It made the cheap mattress like a dream. We slept great last night, first night out in the new camper.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:26 AM   #47

Denver Mattress. They will even cut one to fit if that is what you need. Euro top...we love ours!😀

"You do what you do, it is what it is, then you're done."
Old 06-17-2015, 08:26 PM   #48
trz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450Donn View Post
Duplicate what you have at home. We did that maybe 5 years ago. Best decision we made in a long long time
I Hate the mattress at home!!
Old 06-17-2015, 08:30 PM   #49

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We ordered a full size closed cell foam mattress from Walmart for our "RV Double". It's excellent. A wee bit bigger than the space, but not a big deal. And not too pricey either!
trij65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:24 AM   #50

Looks like you have opinion/information overload....but I will add my opinion in case you are still wondering what mattress to buy. After a lot of research we went with a Dreamfoam mattress. We got the 12-1 Queen because we could adjust the support of the mattress (firmer or softer). Here is their website:

https://www.dreamfoambedding.com/

Ours cost $399 free shipping. We got the residential size queen and I merely added some plywood to the end of the bed. It makes the bed more comfortable in my opinion.... They are very helpful, you can email "Chuck" with questions and get specific information. This company and their products seem to have very good reviews....we have had ours one year, used it about 40 nights and so far it has held up well.

Good Luck!! Our greatest problem with our Amerilite relates to water leaks....check your underbelly fabric to make sure if does not have water trapped....I never knew I had a leak until my floor was rotted.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:32 PM   #51

We picked up a gel mattress pad. Sleep like we're at home. It cost about $75 and works very well. Just put it on top of the old one.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:10 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowdog View Post
Looks like you have opinion/information overload....but I will add my opinion in case you are still wondering what mattress to buy. After a lot of research we went with a Dreamfoam mattress. We got the 12-1 Queen because we could adjust the support of the mattress (firmer or softer). Here is their website:

https://www.dreamfoambedding.com/

Ours cost $399 free shipping. We got the residential size queen and I merely added some plywood to the end of the bed. It makes the bed more comfortable in my opinion.... They are very helpful, you can email "Chuck" with questions and get specific information. This company and their products seem to have very good reviews....we have had ours one year, used it about 40 nights and so far it has held up well.

Good Luck!! Our greatest problem with our Amerilite relates to water leaks....check your underbelly fabric to make sure if does not have water trapped....I never knew I had a leak until my floor was rotted.

That 12 in 1 mattress looks very interesting. It says that the firmness can be adjusted by changing the order of the foam layers. My question is can the left and right side be adjusted separately(foam split in middle)? Also how much does it weigh?
Old 08-14-2015, 02:08 PM   #53

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I just bought a trailer with a queen bed, and replaced the foam pad they gave me for a "mattress" with a low priced mattress from Ikea. Cost was $230, and it's very comfy for my 6'3" 250 carcass.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:16 PM   #54

We have a local mattress factory here in my city. I think I'll drive by them and see what they have to offer for making a short king with better support.
Old 08-15-2015, 11:31 PM   #55

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Just picked up the Serta 3" Memory Foam Gel topper. Can't wait to try it out on our maiden voyage next weekend!

View Serta Rest® 3" Queen Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper Deals at Big Lots
Old 08-24-2015, 04:32 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbleau6885 View Post
Big lots is a good place to go my new campers mattress was horrible
I believe the only (and most noticeable) difference between the mattress in my TT and other mattresses is simply the weight. The mattress that came with my TT easily folds on itself when I lift the lid of the storage box beneath it, I'm sure was very cost-efficient for the manufacturer to put in there, and is the most uncomfortable thing I've ever slept on, but the trade-off is, it's as light as a feather. You don't have to buy a mattress from an RV store, if you aren't worried about how heavy it is, you can buy a mattress from any mattress store, but in my case, a heavier mattress = a heavier trailer for my truck to pull. Coincidentally, I was in Big Lots yesterday and they have Benson Queen mattresses on sale that really aren't that heavy. I've considered this for a long time and I believe I'll pull the trigger on that this week

roadhawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace