Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
Ideas for Top Bunks needed

What do you use to make sure kids do not roll off the top bunks on the travel trailer? Pictures and links would be helpful. Thanks!

steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
I used these for the little ones at home in their bunks. They make different sizes and they slip under the mattress.
You can do a search for "bunk bed rails" and come up with some links.
Attached Images

2004 Fleetwood Discovery 3126 CAT engine
gauto5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #3
We use them too. Target, Walmart, etc carry them. If you have the stores that sell used baby stuff, you can save some money.
Kunysz513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #4
I was going to get the dealer to get me some extra wood and was going to build some rails to match. Now thinking just to go with something cheapy from IKEA.
thejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
Thanks all. I got the Walmart deal.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
We had 2 kids roll off on the same weekend. Went to walmart and this is exactly what we bought.
2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3/ 3.73 2011 JayFeather Select 29L Husky Centerline WDH w/ active anti-sway
JAMMFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #7
Ahhh... Childhood. I can clearly remember the days of rolling off the top bunk of my grandparents '70s model Prowler and the other ones 70's Wilderness TT's.

They'll live!!

Don't mean to sound harsh, but I did survive while standing up on the front seat of a GMC pickup with a 4 speed while telling my grandmother where her new house was being built!

Gone are the days of seatbelts being cut out for being an inconvenience... Now we have nets to keep kids in the bunk!! I could have been more rested in the past from something like this, as opposed to falling out of bed and hurting for a day that was supposed to be fun.
"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber." -- Plato
Mikey-KE7LBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #8
We just rolled a beach towel so that it was long and slipped under the edge of the matress and no more rolling off the bunk.

99 F-350 4X4 PSD pulling a 24' Nash travel trailer
JRNOLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My personal favorite is to sew Velcro to their back and have the other half on the sheets

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote