Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2016, 05:53 AM   #1

Inexpensive shower improvement!

I just installed a Camco 43713 Shower Head Kit and I find it to be a major improvement over the head and hose that came with our Winnebago Minnie. It's priced at less than $22 at Amazon.
1. The Camco has a larger head which provides more individual streams of water. Don't believe the info about different spray patterns. At best, there are 3 different patterns: rainfall, a narrow high pressure setting, and a combination of the two.
2. The hose (I ordered the chrome unit) is much more flexible and hangs nice and close to the back wall.
3. The on/off switch for water flow works fairly well.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NOUQSY/...co+shower+head

I also added the Camco 43719 Adjustable Shower Head Wall Mount (Chrome Colored). It does provide some adjustment, but it's a cheap mechanism and difficult to adjust. To adust the amount of tension on the slider mechanism, you have to take it off the wall and adjust a screw located inside the unit. I can't really recommend this mount.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2016, 02:08 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
I switched out our standard issue shower head for an Oxygenics rv shower head. It mixes air into the stream and acts like more volume, but actually conserves water.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 02:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
I switched out our standard issue shower head for an Oxygenics rv shower head. It mixes air into the stream and acts like more volume, but actually conserves water.
I tried an Oxygenics head a few years ago and the DW didn't like it at all. I liked it.....but, if the wife's happy, everyone's happy (which means me!).
Old 03-24-2016, 06:22 PM   #4

Probably not politically correct, but then I never was , but if the low flow associated with today's shower heads is not high on you list of likes, on most units that come apart, it is easy to just remove the flow constrictor and get a nice full pressure stream. I have never done it on an RV as I used to have a truck camper and the holding tanks was small. I did do it on my residential unit and I love it.

Neverhome
Neverhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:35 PM   #5

I installed the same Camco shower head in my '02 Sightseer, and was very pleased with it. The only issue was that the included screws that held the wall mount on were not stainless, and they rusted to heck in short order. Easy fix though, and that really was the only bad thing I could say about it.
PantherJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:01 PM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverhome View Post
Probably not politically correct, but then I never was , but if the low flow associated with today's shower heads is not high on you list of likes, on most units that come apart, it is easy to just remove the flow constrictor and get a nice full pressure stream. I have never done it on an RV as I used to have a truck camper and the holding tanks was small. I did do it on my residential unit and I love it.

Neverhome
With the limited hot water and holding tank, it's not politics, it's just common sense. In fact, if you look at today's politics there is no common sense.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:26 PM   #7

If there was such a thing as "common sense", wouldn't it be much easier to witness???

But, I do see some stainless steel screws in my future!
Old 03-25-2016, 05:34 AM   #8

I did this last month after the OEM one split (hard freeze). Wish I'd done it from the get-go!
PrimoWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 07:50 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoWorks View Post
I did this last month after the OEM one split (hard freeze). Wish I'd done it from the get-go!
u did what ?
got stainless steel screws or common sense or put in an Oxygenics or a camco or ?!? just ribbing ya !

I know YOU know what u meant, but some of us are slow learners
Old 03-25-2016, 09:33 PM   #10

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks! I have priced others and was underwhelmed.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
u did what ?
got stainless steel screws or common sense or put in an Oxygenics or a camco or ?!? just ribbing ya !

I know YOU know what u meant, but some of us are slow learners
Lol! Too true. I switched to the Camco.
PrimoWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:13 AM   #12

What's the water flow? I installed the new oxygenics and it's great.
FaithBowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 06:06 PM   #13

Camco doesn't give a GPM rating for the head. From my perspective, it has enough water flow to make a nice shower, but it doesn't cause any problems with using it with a 6 gallon water heater. I would suggest that you allow time between showers (unless "Navy") and if use the propane/electric combo if you want to minimize any wait time.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:12 PM   #14

Well, i guess i should have DW comment on this, she uses the shower and i go up to the bath house for mine. Saves grey tank, and being a larger guy, nicer for me !!!

Jim & Pat

Tags
shower