RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2019, 10:11 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Info on quality travel trailer brands needed?

Ok folks, I know my motor homes, and I know a few TT brands I wouldn't go near, but other than that, Im pretty much out of touch on the subject. So Im looking for a TT around 22’ with a full wall slide or two slides, solid counters, wood cabinets comparable to Newmar, fiberglass exterior, aluminum frame with walk on roof, quality awnings, doors, windows etc. In short, who makes the better/best travel trailers other than Airstream? Not looking for super-ultra light weight stuff, but rather solid dependable equipment built with quality materials. Any info appreciated.
Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2019, 07:20 AM   #2

Not Keystone

Tcounty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 12:08 PM   #3

Quality Travel Trailer Brands

Best value/quality brand

Not Dutchman
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 12:26 PM   #4

I don't think you'll find any of that in a 22' TT. 22' is not a size thats going to get much attention for detail. Airstream in a 22' would be about as good as it gets. But no slide.
Same with Oliver. But no slide.
Lance is about the only MFG that would give you something close to what you're looking for.
But again you're not going to find the level if fit and finish along with quality materials in a 22' TT with a slide.
There's just no market for right now.
Cumminsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 12:36 PM   #5

That's a pretty ambitious list for a 22 ft. trailer. Bigfoot 25 ft rear queen has a 22 ft. box. However, it has no slides. It checks your high quality of build needs. It has no aluminum frame as it is all thick walled fiberglass. Matter of fact, it has no coach frame, which is a feature. You will be hard pressed to find a 22' trailer with dual slides. Never seen one with a full wall slide.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:06 PM   #6

ALL RVs will have issues. Smaller (under about 30 feet) are considered weekenders, are slapped together and not many will have a slide out over maybe 6 feet on one side.
Some of the better manufacturers are Lance, Northwood Mfg, and OutdoorRV. Even they will have peoblems, but their generally a step above.
450Donn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 01:11 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
What you are looking for does not exist. To get the cabinets you could have it done custom. No double slides or full wall. You would be looking at a $50K + 22 foot trailer and there is just no market there.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:51 PM   #8

I am looking for my 4th RV. I spent 6 days looking and got frustrated and now decided to wait for the RV Shows. Anyway I looked a dozens of travel trailers and have not seen any that had a 'full wall' slide. Especially in a little 22' trailer.

The closest I have seen would be a Flagstaff 21DS (Dinnette Slide). Flagstaff travel trailers are solid units with better than average build quality IMHO. They laminate the roof and use a slightly thicker grade of TPO for the walkable roof.

Why such a little trailer?
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:01 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
I am looking for my 4th RV. I spent 6 days looking and got frustrated and now decided to wait for the RV Shows. Anyway I looked a dozens of travel trailers and have not seen any that had a 'full wall' slide. Especially in a little 22' trailer.

The closest I have seen would be a Flagstaff 21DS (Dinnette Slide). Flagstaff travel trailers are solid units with better than average build quality IMHO. They laminate the roof and use a slightly thicker grade of TPO for the walkable roof.

Why such a little trailer?
Its for a retired couple, just the two of them and they want small. Im working on them. They have enough truck to pull something a lot bigger. This seemed pretty dismal at first but theres some good info here. And I like the idea of attending a couple shows. Ive never really paid attention to TTs other than toy haulers.

So thanks to all and keep those ideas coming - especially the “stay away” brands.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:23 PM   #10

Info on quality travel trailer brands needed?

Outdoor RV (ORV) makes some very nice looking 21RBS, 21FQS, 21DBS, 23DBS, 23RBS, 23BKS. Also a 24KTS. Nash (sister to ORV) makes a 23D.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:09 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Please post what you do to get what you are looking for. Many here are looking for the same thing. 2 slides, custom cabinets, solid construction, all in a TT that's <28 feet total.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 02:27 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Spartan Chassis
Oliver or Airstream. I saw an Airstream with a slide at a campground so maybe that is a possibility.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:04 PM   #13

Am sure finding what you seek will be a challenge, but that’s part of the fun I guess. We sure love our new Flagstaff but it’s much larger and heavier than what you are looking for. After looking at a lot of them I agree that the Flagstaff, at least the one we found and bought, is a step above the normal lite and cheap units out there. But it should be for $40k in my opinion. Like they say, cheap isn’t good and good isn’t cheap. If you want a better-built unit it’ll cost a bit more.
3:31, Husky CenterLine
Reevesfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:29 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Arctic Fox, Escape, Big Foot.

Ken

Tags
quality, trailer, travel, travel trailer