Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2015, 09:58 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGlenn View Post
I was not aware of any RVs that had the sink drain to the black tank; I always thought the RVIA code mandated the separation. I learn something everyday.....

Brian
I also wonder about the sink to the black tank. Just doesn't sound sanitary..
wolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2015, 10:17 AM   #16

It's not that uncommon. You can go with the theory that gray tanks fill quicker then black so to help the gray tank they plumb the shower or BR sink into it, or to help increase the water volume in the black tank for flushing purposes, or cause the sink-tub is closer to the black tank and the mfg can save a few bucks plumbing it that way. Pick one of the above
Old 11-21-2015, 03:34 AM   #17

sounds like it may have been one of those altered RV's that were used fir temporary living after Hurricane Sandy or should I say super storm. I saw a lot of those for sale real cheap after the homes around me were raised and completed. I did say sounds like so I could be wrong.
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcreek View Post
I also wonder about the sink to the black tank. Just doesn't sound sanitary..
Hey, that's how they're routed in a sticks and bricks house... Okay, not to a black tank, but a sewer pipe.
shepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:43 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Is there a chance that the RV you inherited was converted to a "park model" ? A park model is a RV that has no holding tanks, or fresh water tank, it is designed to always be located in a Mobile Home or RV park and always connected to 120 VAC, fresh water, and sewer. If everything like grey tanks were removed, it may not be cost effective to try to restore it back to being a mobile RV, vs. buying another used one that is not messed up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:33 AM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will give you the SIMPLE FIX for this but first some education:

There are 3 classes of waste water
Black,, Ok, you know that one.
Gray: you know that one too or at least you think you do.. Kitchen Sink is GRAY (Contains food particals but not "used" food particals)
and
Wash: This includes bathroom sinks, shower and washing machine if any. BUT NOT THE KITCHEN SINK.

Rules for disposal are different for all 3 but .. All 3 can go into ye 0ld hole in the ground (Sewer inlet) in all places that have such a hole in the ground.

IN some places you can legallu dump gray on the ground. (But of course NEVER black)

And in still more WASH

Thus it can be to your advantage to keep the Kitchen Sink (Gray) independent of the Wash tank.

So how do you deal with it.... Barker Waste Tote of course. A seperate, TOWABLE waste tank you can use for the kitchen sink, same as I did in my TT days, and tow to the park's dump station. Unless site has full hookup. ten you adapt to 3/4" hose fitting and run a line to the proper fitting on the sewer adapter. I do that with my wash tank.

Tags
travel, travel trailer