Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2016, 09:44 PM   #1

Inspection

Picking up our first TT this weekend and was wondering what should i be looking for during our walk thru.
cmcguire48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2016, 07:14 AM   #2

Water damage and mold in the back of cabinets and corners of the walls, soft spots in the floor, make sure the shower is propperly supported by standing in it to make sure its solid. They should go over all the applianes and systems in the coach to show you how they work. Get up on the roof as well and look for bad seals and what not.

Other then that just use your eyes is the best advice I can give.
Some1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:04 PM   #3

??

I have a great check list I got from someone on here, but I can't figure out how to upload it to the post. I will try again here. If you want a copy send me a private link on here.
Dojo1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:44 PM   #4

Inspection

Best thing you can do is to go camping right away so you can Try everything including the hot water heater, furnace, Ac, etc
chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:51 PM   #5

These aren't mine, but they have been useful to me.

http://www.rvlifestyle.net/id20.html

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...fVqTevUukzhPUw
marcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:03 PM   #6

cmcguire2@att.net walk thru checklist
Old 01-22-2016, 08:48 PM   #7

cmcguire2@att.net thanks so much
Old 01-23-2016, 07:55 AM   #8

new?

if your TT is new, have them run power and water out to the unit

and have them run everything. my walk thru took 3 hours.

Jim
sprayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:11 AM   #9

Many, but not all, dealerships will either have a "campground" on site or an arrangement with a nearby one so that you get one free night to try everything. Depending on what price you are paying, and whether you are buying new or used, you may be able to get your instructions and an inspection (with you present), then spend a night it it so you can make a list of questions and things that don't work right, then the next day they fix and reinstruct, and you repeat the process until you are happy. Don't expect that for a 10-year-old popup, but a brand-new Airstream should get the royal treatment.
easdsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:20 AM   #10

Have them run the AC and furnace, then check for even flow through the roof and floor ducts. I didn't check this on our initial walk through and when we got to the nearby campground and the temp dropped to 30* I was really upset there was no heat coming out of the floor ducts. Turns out all of the duct work for the furnace was torn to hell. If you don't get these things checked at your walk through then you will not have priority when you need something fixed, even the next day. However they did make an exception for me since I lived 300 miles away without a service dealer near me.
dcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 07:56 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
How did it go?
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote