Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
ChiefGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 138
Installing flat panel TV...

Just received my 32" flat panel and mounting bracket. Any suggestions on mounting? There is a black reinforced area by our dining area for mounting, just wondering how stable it will be there.
__________________

__________________
TT: 2014 Puma 32DBKS
TV: 2012 Ford F-250 4x4, 6.2L
ChiefGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
ChiefGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 138
Anyone?
__________________

__________________
TT: 2014 Puma 32DBKS
TV: 2012 Ford F-250 4x4, 6.2L
ChiefGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lodi Ca Zinfandel Capital
Posts: 151
I wish I could send a pic of my newly installed 40" but i am picture posting disabled. You will need straps to hold the tv somewhat still and to keep the arm from wandering around.
If someone will help me with pic post I will respond.
__________________
Bill & Donna Rowe 04 36' Rexair DP
Max & Abby (mini dachs)
cat938g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
John H...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johnstown, PA USA
Posts: 3,325
I just replaced the old TV with a new 32" Magnavox , but was able to use the base it came with and added some aluminum straps to the top to help stabilize it. I'm not sure how secure it would be mounted on a mount on a wall without some extra support.
__________________
John, Deb; & our dog, Benji, Forever in our hearts.
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS V-10
2011 Jeep Liberty Jet & 2014 Jeep Wrangler
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7
We just replaced ours with a 32" LCD. Used the existing mount in the entertainment "center". No problems and it is pretty stable. You should have no problems and you'll really appreciate the larger screen.
__________________
gregm2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Telford, TN
Posts: 69
I just changed out the mount for my 32" LCD in our RV.

I purchased a mount with an articulating arm that can be angled in any direction, as well as up or down, because the viewing area in my Coachmen Catalina was terrible in the entertainment center itself. Got it on Ebay for $20.

I used a piece of 1x1 to anchor the mount to the entertainment center and its rock solid.
__________________
Guy

2015 Ram 3500 DRW
2015 Cedar Creek 38FL
guy.lawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:50 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
ChiefGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy.lawless
I just changed out the mount for my 32" LCD in our RV.

I purchased a mount with an articulating arm that can be angled in any direction, as well as up or down, because the viewing area in my Coachmen Catalina was terrible in the entertainment center itself. Got it on Ebay for $20.

I used a piece of 1x1 to anchor the mount to the entertainment center and its rock solid.
Which Catalina do you have? We just purchased our first RV this year, a Catalina 271BHS. Have an Ultra-thin (1.88") 32" LED TV on its way to install in it this week, can't wait to see it installed!
__________________
TT: 2014 Puma 32DBKS
TV: 2012 Ford F-250 4x4, 6.2L
ChiefGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
ChiefGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGeek
Just received my 32" flat panel and mounting bracket. Any suggestions on mounting? There is a black reinforced area by our dining area for mounting, just wondering how stable it will be there.
Had to return my first TV, and it was a little too big (bezel mainly), so have a new one coming this week. Thinner, and smaller, but still a 32", yeaaa.
__________________
TT: 2014 Puma 32DBKS
TV: 2012 Ford F-250 4x4, 6.2L
ChiefGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:22 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Randy blase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 213
Some pics of mine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-314297647.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	370.2 KB
ID:	20032   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1981938126.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	307.8 KB
ID:	20033  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-800379754.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	20034   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-611195322.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	20035  

__________________
Randy blase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:20 AM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Telford, TN
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGeek

Which Catalina do you have? We just purchased our first RV this year, a Catalina 271BHS. Have an Ultra-thin (1.88") 32" LED TV on its way to install in it this week, can't wait to see it installed!
We have the 2011 30BHS we bought at the end of last year. Its our first, as well.

The good thing about both the Vizio TV and the mount is that mine is still flush with the wall when folded. The TV portion swivels around into the bedroom which created an un-viewable angle when watching from bed.
__________________
Guy

2015 Ram 3500 DRW
2015 Cedar Creek 38FL
guy.lawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
ChiefGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy blase
Some pics of mine
Nice...
__________________
TT: 2014 Puma 32DBKS
TV: 2012 Ford F-250 4x4, 6.2L
ChiefGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
ChiefGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy.lawless

We have the 2011 30BHS we bought at the end of last year. Its our first, as well.

The good thing about both the Vizio TV and the mount is that mine is still flush with the wall when folded. The TV portion swivels around into the bedroom which created an un-viewable angle when watching from bed.
Any pics?
__________________
TT: 2014 Puma 32DBKS
TV: 2012 Ford F-250 4x4, 6.2L
ChiefGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Telford, TN
Posts: 69
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120415_193745.png
Views:	218
Size:	314.0 KB
ID:	20053

This is the only one I happen to have handy but this is from the angle of sitting on the sofa. Without the arm out and angled down it would have been un-watchable.

You can see the yet-unpainted 1x1 board the arm is mounted to.

What I was really testing in this picture was my new HDMI adapter and mirroring for my phone which explains the goofy image on the screen.
__________________
Guy

2015 Ram 3500 DRW
2015 Cedar Creek 38FL
guy.lawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
ChiefGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy.lawless

This is the only one I happen to have handy but this is from the angle of sitting on the sofa. Without the arm out and angled down it would have been un-watchable.

You can see the yet-unpainted 1x1 board the arm is mounted to.

What I was really testing in this picture was my new HDMI adapter and mirroring for my phone which explains the goofy image on the screen.
Nice...
__________________

__________________
TT: 2014 Puma 32DBKS
TV: 2012 Ford F-250 4x4, 6.2L
ChiefGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.