Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-23-2014, 08:07 AM   #1
Installing new ceiling vent fan (cutting hole)

I'm planning to install an additional ceiling vent fan in the kitchen area of my 2014 Salem TT, however I'm a little hesitant to get out the sabre saw and start cutting a hole in roof. I can feel the location of the roof trusses by pushing up on the ceiling, and I can pull power from a ceiling light that is just on the other side of a truss where I want to put the fan. Can anyone offer any suggestions from previous experience?

danabrodbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2014, 06:14 PM   #2
There are wires in the ceiling, duct work, and other things. I would pull a panel down to be sure.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote

ceiling, fan, install, vent