Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2007, 04:35 PM   #1

I wonder if anyone has hooked a small 350 watt inverte into their electric box on board the fith wheel.I have been reading this forum and found most every question gets an answer from someone ,some are great others are funny on purpose. I have inquired about other things here and found helpful responses.guess I should explain have not figured out how to include geeral info in sig. I have 1991 26n prowler(1st one)love this thing so far, pulls well behind 99 dodge ram2500 5.9 gas 4;10rear. anyway I am going 'boondocking' in 2 weeks with my honey. I am no position to bring generator as of yet, the one i have is to big loud and heavy. I bought this wifty little inverter and hooked it up in the 5th wheel it powers my tv and room fan just great.I would like to be able to move the tv and fan up to the bedroom and be able to use this al ittle different .I can only use half the wattage rating on the current 12 volt plug i tried it on in the living room of trailer. I am not sure if it would hurt anything or exactly how to go about hooking it so any recepacle could be used as long as power draw does not exceed wattage rating. Any ideas?
Thanks a bunch, honda generator is in my future

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2007, 04:35 PM   #2

I wonder if anyone has hooked a small 350 watt inverte into their electric box on board the fith wheel.I have been reading this forum and found most every question gets an answer from someone ,some are great others are funny on purpose. I have inquired about other things here and found helpful responses.guess I should explain have not figured out how to include geeral info in sig. I have 1991 26n prowler(1st one)love this thing so far, pulls well behind 99 dodge ram2500 5.9 gas 4;10rear. anyway I am going 'boondocking' in 2 weeks with my honey. I am no position to bring generator as of yet, the one i have is to big loud and heavy. I bought this wifty little inverter and hooked it up in the 5th wheel it powers my tv and room fan just great.I would like to be able to move the tv and fan up to the bedroom and be able to use this al ittle different .I can only use half the wattage rating on the current 12 volt plug i tried it on in the living room of trailer. I am not sure if it would hurt anything or exactly how to go about hooking it so any recepacle could be used as long as power draw does not exceed wattage rating. Any ideas?
Thanks a bunch, honda generator is in my future

Old 05-29-2007, 09:50 AM   #3

If I understand the question correctly, you are thinking about hooking the inverter to a 110 ac outlet to energize the rest of the outlets?

If so, unless you installed some sort of switching device, you would also energize the prongs of the trailer's power cord... I think that would create risk of electric shock if someone touched the prongs, or if the hot prong touched something metal a person could get shocked while standing on the ground and touching the trailer...

Maybe I didn't understand the question?
Jeff_in_The_Dalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:05 PM   #4

Anything else in the 110/115V circuits would draw on it all the time. I also have to add a 12V socket in the bedroom to run my TV. I have mounted the inverter with Velcro to the top of the TV and when needed I just unplug the TV and plug it into the inverter and then plug the inverter into the 12V plug. If I want to use the inverter in a different location I can just pull it off of the TV.