Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2016, 01:22 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jduffey5 View Post
So, we're out this weekend and as is the norm we took our submariner showers, to conserve our tank space and hot water because we only have 6 gallons and then boom cold shower! Being the 4th in line to shower is never a comfortable position...

While talking with another camper about our peril, they said they run their water heater on both gas and electric at the same time, and are able to take a hot shower without turning the water off for in excess of 15 minutes! Their claim is by running both at the same time it heats the water at a much faster rate almost like an instant water heater.

Any one else do this or heard of this?

TIA

I've always run my hot water tank on both gas and electric time how fast it heats 6 gallons under 10 minutes and lasts longer.
rbleau6885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2016, 11:39 PM   #16

We are very excited to try using the electric and propane heaters at the same time! We bought our TT with this nice big, beautiful shower and it has hardly been used given that we can't seem to make the hot water last longer than like six minutes (we were just using electric). We just keep using campground showers (or pay showers when we dry camp so we don't fill up). Thank you all for the suggestion!!
JohnandKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnandKatie View Post
We are very excited to try using the electric and propane heaters at the same time! We bought our TT with this nice big, beautiful shower and it has hardly been used given that we can't seem to make the hot water last longer than like six minutes (we were just using electric). We just keep using campground showers (or pay showers when we dry camp so we don't fill up). Thank you all for the suggestion!!

It's standard procedure to run your water heater on both propane and electric while in use.

The gas will give you a faster heat rise than electric, allowing you to actually have the leeway to modulate your water temperature.

Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:07 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB410 View Post
Here's what I'm going to do this summer.
EXPECT MORE!

Ive tried the electric and gas trick but mine cant keep up unless I have a very low flow.

The Truma will solve the issue.
Shut up and just take my money!!! Lol
Where can I get this??
Let me know you're findings pls. I will definitely want one. )
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:06 AM   #19

I have never had a TT with gas and electric until my new one. Mind you it has a 10ga hot water tank so I don't even have to adjust my taps anymore to keep hot water for my shower. Now two showers in a row I can't say because we usually space them out some
jayman_1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:17 AM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
We've never had any issues in our two TT's or our current MH. We have never run with gas and electric but know that we could. Neither one of us will soak in he hot spray very long either. We don't even do it that much at home and have a 60 gallon tank.

Sometimes if I feel like it I'll take an extended shower but plan that at an off time so we're not trying to take two showers in a row.

Maybe it's the 140 and 160 lb bodies that take less water to get clean. We also purchased a good quality shower head that gives us a good shower spray and I guess it does conserve some water as well.

TeJay
Old 07-08-2016, 11:26 AM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
Maybe it's the 140 and 160 lb bodies that take less water to get clean.
TeJay
Maybe not. I have a 275 pound body, and I can get a good shower with less than six gallons. It took a few showers that turned cold before I got the plan down for how to do it, but I'm doing it with hot water to spare.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:41 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
We've never had any issues in our two TT's or our current MH. We have never run with gas and electric but know that we could. Neither one of us will soak in he hot spray very long either. We don't even do it that much at home and have a 60 gallon tank.

Sometimes if I feel like it I'll take an extended shower but plan that at an off time so we're not trying to take two showers in a row.

Maybe it's the 140 and 160 lb bodies that take less water to get clean. We also purchased a good quality shower head that gives us a good shower spray and I guess it does conserve some water as well.

TeJay
What shower head did you purchase?
jayman_1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:57 AM   #23

Ford Super Duty Owner
Well there's no name on it and we didn't keep any of the paper work so here's some pictures.

1bigmess, Well sure one can take a conservative shower and only use about 2-3 gallons but some folks are talking about a Spa shower in their RV. It's an RV not the Hilton or the TRUMP Towers either.

TeJay
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02813.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	132425   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02816.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	132426  

Click image for larger version