Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2018, 10:58 AM   #1

Is the BAL leveling system worth getting

I saw this in action at a RV show. It seemed to work well. I had the Lipert 6 point leveling on a 5th wheel but it was not calibrated quite right. It was close then I would tweak it.

It had 3 problems:

1. If I was pulling up the back hydraulics sometimes it would trip a breaker. I lived with this issue.

2. The control panel lost sensitivity. I would need to hit the button multiple times to get it to work.

3. As mentioned- it was not calibrated exactly but it was close.

So I wonder how well the BAL system for travel trailers works? It seems like a great feature but only if it works correctly.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2018, 11:40 AM   #2

We just had our first Outback in the shop with the BAL system. First thing we had to replace the rear jacks as both motors were burned out (this is on a brand new coach). Took us awhile also to get the level point set as there was no literature anywhere for this. Also the Outback has a high ground clearance so we had to put blocks under all jacks so they would not over extend. I think it could be a good system......once they work out all the bugs.
bkrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:15 PM   #3

The user manual only say the ground must be reasonably level so what that means who knows, it doesn't say. Since you've owned a levelling system before you can probably decide for yourself whether or not its worth it. Since its a RV related product I'm skeptical of its quality.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:41 PM   #4

I am hoping that the BAL leveling system for a travel trailer is better than the 6 point Lipert system.

So far, seems the BAL system also has issues.

Without a leveling system I guess you need to carry boards to put under the tires to level side to side.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:14 PM   #5

It's been out for at least a year. You'd think they'd have the early problems figured out.
Cumminsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
It's been out for at least a year. You'd think they'd have the early problems figured out.
You must be new to the RV world.......hahahahaaaa
bkrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 05:14 PM   #7

@bkran LMAO!!!!!!
ohmygoodness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 05:46 PM   #8

I am looking for more input from people that have a BAL leveling system on their trailer.

Thanks

Tags
leveling