Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-18-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
I am in the process of purchasing a 2006 jay Flight 31 BHS I was wondering if anyone has one or has heard anything good or bad about this trailer. Also was wondering how it compares to Say Fleetwood and Forest river built trailers.

peter a is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2006, 01:03 PM   #2
I am in the process of purchasing a 2006 jay Flight 31 BHS I was wondering if anyone has one or has heard anything good or bad about this trailer. Also was wondering how it compares to Say Fleetwood and Forest river built trailers.

peter a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 09:36 PM   #3
I have seen Fleetwood and Forest River products that were built in the Pacific Northwest. I have also seen the Midwest built Jaycos. I look at floorplans first, then I start to dig deeper and look at things like tank sizes, shapes, and placement. Finding a freshwater tank under a front bed drasticaly changes the tounge weight and takes away from storage. I then look at where the axles are placed and then the light tounge wt. ie did the engineers figure on the tank being empty or full. I also look at plumbing and wiring, cabinet framing, use of screws, glue and staples. If things are designed right, the build quality should follow. I am not sure how spread out the Jayco plants are, but I know that the end quality is determined by the people in the plant. It is my opinion that the more plants you have, the less control there is on the final build quality. Even though there is an assembly line, these units are built by hand and humans don't always do things the same way twice. Dealer prep is also responsible for catching most of the mfg errors. In summary, each unit stands on its own merits so you must inspect the unit you intend to buy. Quality starts with design and ends with the dealer. Of the units I looked at I have seen the best overall quality with Jayco, followed by Forest River and Fleetwood. Of course my favorite is still Arctic Fox
07 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L ,6 speed auto, 4x4, Blue Granite Metalic

05 Arctic Fox 22H
Randy the sly old fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 10:36 PM   #4
It is a good choice. Right now it is also my choice, but I haven't signed. I am still trying to determine whether I can get it into my yard due to its length -- but I really do not want to go smaller. I really like the rear bunk arrangement and large loading doors. Very flexible.
2006 Jayco-TT 31BHS
1999 F250 PSD Lariat CC 4x4 LB
David C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 03:46 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
We've owned three Jaycos (1 pop-up and 2 Designer 5th wheels), and our experience has been that their quality is very good for their price level. What we appreciated the most (although we only had to use it once - we've seen it with others) is Jayco's reputation for "going the extra mile" to ensure customer satisfaction. In our case, we had one of the recalled Norcold refrigerator cooling units go bad, and the selling dealer wouldn't even make an appointment to look at our rig for over 6 weeks. We called Jayco at 10:00 AM, they found a Norcold servicing dealer and we were in the shop at 1:00 PM. Even though the Norcold dealer had to order a replacement cooling unit, our rig was repaired and back on the road 2 days later.

2016 Ram Longhorn 3500 Dually 4x4 CCLB, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:46 PM   #6
I have a 2006 Jayco 31 BHS. We love it a true bed for everyone in the family, and the only problem that we have had with it was buckling side panels. These were taken care of under warranty, and I am pretty sure it was a unique to Arizona thing, due to winter construction and summer heat. I would buy one again without even a second thought.

Professional RV detailer
Jayco 31 BHS with an Excursion TV
The-washer is offline   Reply With Quote