Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #1

Lightbulb Jayco JayFlight Decal-Stickers...

I love my JayFlight. The interior is great. The outside, well...the stickers are starting to peel off. I took the front one off of the front window cover. I called to purchase new ones. I was told they are very expensive! I was thinking of takin' them all off and creating the same decal image and spray painting the same color on the trailer? OR taking to a body shop and having them duplicate the places where the decals were and painting them on instead of ordering new decals that won't last more than 5 years?
What's a better idea for a discussion? I'm open to any help. P.S. I'm new to this forum, as of today

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #2

I would try a sign shop I don't know if they could reproduce your logo because of trade marks but you could try

Old 09-28-2011, 08:43 AM   #3

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhamihvfd21 View Post
I would try a sign shop I don't know if they could reproduce your logo because of trade marks but you could try
Copyrights, rather than trademarks, would be the potential problem. Good point, especially since Jayco does sell replacements.

The OP might still try a sign shop and use this as an opportunity to get a personalized logo or mural on the rig. No copyright issues there.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #4

Try ebay, search jayco. You might get a better price. I don't think painting it on your trailer would look as good as a decal, but that's just me. Good luck.
coolpull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:03 PM   #5

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
I had a sign shop duplicate the new Jayco logo and I replaced all of the old Jayco logos on my fiver. He used high grade vinyl material, and the logos even have the 'circle R' showing the registered trademark. All the sign shop needed was a vector graphic that I was able to find on line with a simple Google search. He could make as many as I needed in any size I needed. All told I think he charged me $75 for a set of two small for the side walls and two big logos for the front and rear.

Here's the link for one: Jayco logo in vector graphic format

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
Copyrights, rather than trademarks, would be the potential problem. Good point, especially since Jayco does sell replacements.

The OP might still try a sign shop and use this as an opportunity to get a personalized logo or mural on the rig. No copyright issues there.
I'm looking for all the graphics on the trailer, not just the one with the name. I need the swirls of dark blue and deep maroon. Those are my biggest wish to fix.
They want, I believe, $500 to $1000 to order them......
What the heck. I want to keep the outside looking as good as the inside...
Old 10-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #7

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man611303 View Post
I'm looking for all the graphics on the trailer, not just the one with the name. I need the swirls of dark blue and deep maroon. Those are my biggest wish to fix.
They want, I believe, $500 to $1000 to order them......
What the heck. I want to keep the outside looking as good as the inside...
Original decals usually can be ordered from the RV manucaturer. Sign shops can either make custom decals or air brush graphics directly to the RV. Google "RV decals" (without quotes) and check out the hits you get there for ideas. Most have certain designs they stock but some will do custom work.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:06 AM   #8
GPW

Iíd be looking around for some really Cool decorative decals , not that overly Expensive factory junk .... Custom !!! Iím certainly not loyal to Jayco ... they certainly werenít loyal to me ...
Canít wait for the factory stickers to peel off mine , so I can make it look GOOD !!!

Disclaimer: Iím a professional Artist , so my opinions are based on the fact that I really Can make it look Good ....
Old 11-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #9

Cool iso replacement:RV vinyl graphics for 05 jayflight 23fb

Does anyone know of a company that does direct replacement of rv/trailer decals? I see some listing online, but they want to come up with something new and random. I want to put new ones over the spot of the old ones that I plan to remove. I can't believe Jayco used such a cheap vinyl sticker decal.....
What's a guy to do...?
Old 12-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #10

The Jayco factory doesn't keep them for customers after five year! They are saying it will cost $2300 to have them duplicated! My normal Rv dealer says they can't get them and have refered me to talk to a detail shop!? I'm awaiting a quote. I want it to look new and fresh, like the inside is.