Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2015, 10:51 AM   #1

Jayco tt

Hello, I'm new to this site, but I have a question.
Were looking at a 27 DSRL White Hawk Summit 2015. Is Jayco as good as I believe they are, I've never had a jayco before. This is my third and final tt. Just need some help in my decision. Had good luck with keystone.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2015, 01:30 PM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
I don't own a Jayco, but their Eagle TTs are tied at the top of my list with Winnebago Ultra Lites and Grand Design Reflections. I have a friend that just traded his Keystone off... and another friend with a Jayco Eagle 5er. The Jayco seems head and shoulders above the Keystone... from their experiences... and mine. I have worked a lot on my friend's Keystone, and the Jayco doesn't seem to need much in the way of repairs.

Good luck with your decision..

schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:46 AM   #3

We have a Jayco 298 RLDS Eagle TT for 3 seasons and love it. There are a lot of nice TTs and brands out there. Most TTs are all made quickly with quality that is marginal...sorry that's the reality. At least Jayco has a 2 yr warranty and they really do stand behind it. I've had them fix a number of minor issues over the last two years. Good luck with your search \ quest. We have also been looking into tiny homes on wheels of course. I like the unique designs and more home like construction. ..I'm still not sold but interesting to reaearch.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by franknj View Post
We have a Jayco 298 RLDS Eagle TT for 3 seasons and love it. There are a lot of nice TTs and brands out there. Most TTs are all made quickly with quality that is marginal...sorry that's the reality. At least Jayco has a 2 yr warranty and they really do stand behind it. I've had them fix a number of minor issues over the last two years. Good luck with your search \ quest. We have also been looking into tiny homes on wheels of course. I like the unique designs and more home like construction. ..I'm still not sold but interesting to reaearch.
Have you had any front cap fading issues? I know from reading around that most of the dark brown front caps, regardless of what brand have had fading issues. I see Jayco switched to the lighter creamy white color for 2016.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:35 PM   #5

Yes the front cap faded horribly. I'm in the process of having it repainted as a warranty item (jaycos 2 yr warranty is really nice). I accidentally said we had it for 3 seasons - we only had it 2. Turns out from what I have heard is the paint manufacturer didn't have UV inhibitors in the brown paint used for thr cap. All the other paint is perfect and glossy. I'm looking to repaint in a lighter cream color if they allow it as the sun heats up the dark colors and since we primarily camp in warm weather the air conditioning has to work harder to cool. A lighter color don't get as hot. So the fading issue is not a brown paint issue it's a problem with missing or ineffective UV inhibitors in that batch of paint from what I've learned. Hey almost 2 years in and I get a new paint job...I'm OK with that. I saw some they already did and they look showroom ready. It's subcontracted so results may vary.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by franknj View Post
Yes the front cap faded horribly. I'm in the process of having it repainted as a warranty item (jaycos 2 yr warranty is really nice). I accidentally said we had it for 3 seasons - we only had it 2. Turns out from what I have heard is the paint manufacturer didn't have UV inhibitors in the brown paint used for thr cap. All the other paint is perfect and glossy. I'm looking to repaint in a lighter cream color if they allow it as the sun heats up the dark colors and since we primarily camp in warm weather the air conditioning has to work harder to cool. A lighter color don't get as hot. So the fading issue is not a brown paint issue it's a problem with missing or ineffective UV inhibitors in that batch of paint from what I've learned. Hey almost 2 years in and I get a new paint job...I'm OK with that. I saw some they already did and they look showroom ready. It's subcontracted so results may vary.
Great thing about Jayco is their 2 yr warranty. Lots of S.O.B owners that only have 1 yr warranties and faded caps. Jayco's on our short list partly because of the 2 yr warranty
Old 11-14-2015, 12:07 PM   #7

As the saying goes...you put your money down and get what you get. I'm sure there will be issues (hopefully small things ) with any brand. Some brands seem to have more quality issues than others. Good luck in your quest.

Tags
jayco