Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2014, 08:00 PM   #15

Thought Heartland and Forrest River are 2 different companies.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2014, 08:35 PM   #16

White Hawk has aluminum wall studs. We are very happy with our White Hawk.
Daughter's in laws had a large Hartland 5th wheel which had to be taken back to the dealer several times to correct problems. He was totally dissatisfied with it and traded it on a $300,000 motorhome.

Nighthawk 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:37 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to mike.t Send a message via MSN to mike.t Send a message via Yahoo to mike.t
They are. Thor bought Heartland a while back. Cant imagine there being any more than 3 or 4 RV manufactures in the Great old USOFA. Looks like i am wrong on that statement, Here are these two. Others will follow.
Forest River Class C, Fifth Wheel, Travel Trailer, Folding Camper, Toy Hauler, Park Model
Aviator, Berkshire, Blue Ridge, Cardinal, Cedar Creek Cottage, Charleston, Cherokee, Coachmen, Covington, Destination, Day Dreamer, Dynamax, Evo, Flagstaff, Forester, FR3, Georgetown, Grey Wolf, Hemisphere, Heritage Glen, Hyperlite, Ice Cabin, Kabana, Lexington, MB Cruiser, Micro Lite, Mini Lite, Nitro, Prime Time, Quailridge, r-pod, Reflection, Ridgeview, Rockwood, Roo, Salem, Sandpiper, Sandstorm, Sentinel, Shamrock, Shockwave, Sierra, Solera, Stealth, Sterling, Summit, Sunseeker, Surveyor, Thunderbolt, True North Ice Lodge, Tsunami, V-Cross, V-Lite, Vengeance, Vibe, Villa, Viper, Wildcat, Wildwood, Windjammer, Wolf Pack, Wolf Pup, Work and Play, XLR

2013 Ram 1500 4X4 Hemi
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:44 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to mike.t Send a message via MSN to mike.t Send a message via Yahoo to mike.t

Thor Industries Class A, Class B, Class C, Fifth Wheel, Travel Trailer, Folding Camper, Toy Hauler, Park Model
Brands: Airstream, Breckenridge, Crossroads, Dutchmen, Four Winds, Heartland, Livin' Lite, K-Z, Keystone, Komfort, Redwood, Thor Motor

2013 Ram 1500 4X4 Hemi
Old 10-14-2014, 08:45 PM   #19

And the rest of the story.
RV Top Ten - Current RV Manufacturers

2013 Ram 1500 4X4 Hemi
Old 10-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #20

Sorry to get away from the OPs topic

2013 Ram 1500 4X4 Hemi
Old 10-16-2014, 12:39 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWT View Post
Heartland must have just recently been bought so Forest River probably has little influences in design to date. When we had a Heartland we had a sway issue. Axles might have been the issue but the wheel are close to the hitch thus lower hitch weight thus more sway. Drove me crazy, once could not go over 50, another time I pulled over and put everything I could find up in the bedroom to help. Traded it for The Premier and it was night and day. Always heard good things about Jayco but the are about making things look pretty. Each will have entry level and higher so it would be good to hear which two actual trailers you are looking at.
GaryWT, thanks for the lead on the Keystone Premier. Both Keystone and Heartland are subsidiaries of Thor. The Premier like the North Trail has the Wide Track system which is developed and patent by Heartland. (BTW the Jayco WH uses this Wide Track system, . I like the 2015 Premier 26RBPR floor-plan (opposing double slide) which Heartland NT does not offer. Please share your insights on your Premier.
Thank you

Old 10-16-2014, 05:01 PM   #22

We owned our North Trailer for 2 years and liked it but had a few issues, the biggest was it was too low so we had trouble getting in and out of the driveway. It only had 2 steps. Fast forward, we bought a Premier 31bhpr 2 years ago from the same dealer. This trailer sits higher and tows better than the North Trail. We love the Premier and everything about it. We have spent 84 nights in it over the 2 years. The systems have worked well and we have no at had any issues with it. We are always looking but have not seen anything we like better. Good luck.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #23

There are issues with all brands. Do your homework and assume they are all lacking in quality control. Good luck.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:17 PM   #24

Red face

I have a 2013 heartland pioneer tt 22ft rb I am ready to winterize it and this is the first for me I think I just turn the vale to the left to by pass water heater the tt does have the water heater bypass thanks for any input
Old 10-28-2014, 09:15 PM   #25

We Purchased a Jayco Jayflight 26RKS 2 years ago and it has a huge slide, we choose the bunk bed model ... Only 1 issue in 2 years, (the plastic nut under the kitchen faucet broke off) that's it. We ordered the TT, got the Thermal Packge and the Elite package ...everyone that walks in it comments how solid it is. I pull it with a 2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Crew Cab, 6.0 l gas... in tow haul mode we barley know it's back there.. Yes, we are using a stablizer hitch with sway bar control... Love it!

Tags
heartland