Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-21-2015, 07:06 AM   #29
I didn't say I am unwilling to drive 162 miles. I mearly stated the distance. If you read back a few posts you will see that I have plans to go there next week to see the trailers in San Diego. This week is full of Doctors appointments and other things. The Cricket site says they are quite expensive but from another dealer they are 18k(much less than the 22k listed. The Cricket quality is three times more than any RV I,ve ever seen. We looked it over thoroughly and if it works out with our car, that is the one we will buy. There are reasons why we can spend that much money on a trailer one time and will not have to keep shelling out cash down the road on maint, gas, insurance & etc. This trailer will out last all the travel trailers I know of because it is simple. It has very little to go wrong like the others. For instance, our Salem had the water heated go bad, the cabin heater went bad and other little things that are annoying would come up. When you don't have all the tankage and electrical fired luxuries to go wrong, the whole trip gets better for me. (Mod Edit)
After living 71 years on this planet, I feel fully capable of making my own decisions. I was looking here in hopes that one or more of you had some experience with low weight campers and could mention them to me for my consideration. Again, I am not new to camping or RVs.

500spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2015, 02:51 PM   #30
Sorry it appears many of us misunderstood what you were trying to do. You have your mind made up with the information you have and unfortunately it appears none of us have the experience to add anything positive in choosing the type of rig you require. But that being said hopefully you will stay here as you will be able to help anyone else that comes along needing the information you seek since we cannot provide it. Hopefully you will not be so upset with us that you decide to leave as it is now apparent we do lack in light tow vehicle and trailer information. Attempts to move you to a different vehicle were not intended to make a statement that you did not know what you were doing just trying to help out with limited information and apparently misunderstanding your desires. I hope you find exactly what you are looking for and find the pleasure you seek in your future camping trips.

King Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:14 AM   #31
We looked at a Travel Lite Express and really liked the layout inside. We also did a pull test with the Fiat. This trailer weighs about 1800lbs and they won't give a hitch weight. Just looking at the trailer you would notice right away how far back they placed the axle and when I hooked up my fears were solidified. The hitch weight is significant. It would require a WD hitch to pull this one with my car and I was told by Curt that my hitch is not approved for WD. The pull part was very easy, I barely could feel it behind the car. It felt about the same as when I pull my luggage trailer. We were a little disappointed because we did like the interior layout. But then I realized this would not be such a good choice for us anyway because it is a full height trailer and would display a lot of drag & cross wind action. At least now I know that pulling a cricket will be easy because it's only 1500lbs with 160lbs on the hitch.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:14 PM   #32
Perhaps it would be useful for you to go to one of the large RV shows to get a feel for what might be available.
2013 Jayco WhiteHawk 27DSRL, 2012 Tundra 5.7 DC
1996 Honda 750 Nighthawk
Nighthawk 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:11 AM   #33
Yes, we thought about that and the next significant rv show around here happens in Oct of this year. If we don't have anything by then, we will go to that one.