Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2013, 04:58 AM   #15

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
Dave What bulb are you using ? Got these on E Bay and Amazon, with good reviews. I can deal with them for the power saving if we are on battery power only, but ?????

The ones I bought came from M4 leds Exclusive M4 LED double aluminum plate light

The ones on the bottom are really bright and I put them in the galley. The others are in the ceiling fixtures. They come with 3 different adapters, so will fit just about any socket. The flat panels come with a n adhesive back that stick inside the fixture.

All you have to do is make sure they will fit your fixture. We went with the warm white and If I didn't tell you they were leds you wouldn't know it.

Fair Winds
Dave

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Has anyone tried the M4 vanity lights? I wouldn't mind changing mine out if they light is pleasing.
Vanity Globe replaces 20-99 Warm White Color - M4 Products

Old 11-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by focker View Post
Has anyone tried the M4 vanity lights? I wouldn't mind changing mine out if they light is pleasing. Vanity Globe replaces 20-99 Warm White Color - M4 Products
No, but they seem like a pretty good company. Maybe they will let you return them if you are not happy.
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #18

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by focker View Post
Has anyone tried the M4 vanity lights? I wouldn't mind changing mine out if they light is pleasing.
Vanity Globe replaces 20-99 Warm White Color - M4 Products
Yep got those to. I cannot tell the difference. They are just as bright. I bought the warm ones. I am really happy with them

Dave
Old 11-27-2013, 05:56 PM   #19

I bought one bulb at a time until I found what I was looking for at a good price. Most of my lights are double sockets with a switch in the middle that turns on one half of the light socket (and one bulb) at a time. I chose warm-white for one side and if I want it brighter I turn on the second bulb that is a whiter light. But, that's just what I like. That's one of the great things about LED's is that there are so many different types you can always find what your looking for even if it's a little unconventional. Just takes a little research and a few tries.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #20

LED Bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
Just tried some LED bulbs, 42SMD, to replace the incandescent 921 bulbs. I know a great power saver, but no where near as bright. Guess i will have to same them and install when we will be out with no AC connection.

Jim
Jim, All the LED bulbs have Kelvin Rating as to color and brightness.
Chuck
Old 11-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #21

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Rambler25 View Post
Jim, All the LED bulbs have Kelvin Rating as to color and brightness.
Chuck
The Kelvin scale pertaining to light has to do with color temperature. An incandescent bulb is usually rated at 2700º to 3300º K. Fluorescent tubes are 5000º K. Photographic flash is usually rated at 5500º to 6000º K. It ranges from the low numbers being orange to yellow, blue green, then blue white. Since we grew up with candlelight (1800º K) and incandescent light sources, we tend to feel more relaxed in color temps of 3500º K or less. Fluorescent and Mercury lights are more blue-green and we use them for work or public places.

Kelvin scale has nothing to do with brightness. Brightness is usually measured and reported in lumens. It can alternately be labeled in lux, watts, candela, or candles. The European Union in 2010 ruled all lamps (bulbs) sold in Europe must be labeled in lumens.

Pay attention to Kelvin rating and lumens, color descriptions, 'warm white', 'pure white' etc. are subjective and not accurate measures.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
I replaced all of my 921 bulbs about a year ago. I found a supply of 36x1 led fixtures from China for about $3 each. They are rated at about 3500K and just as bright as stock. Love them. Haven't seen them on E-Bay since.

Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote