Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-24-2016, 11:50 AM   #1
Keystone Bullet 2017 reviews

Hi all!
I'm a going to be a new TT owner upgrading from a pop up. We live on the East Coast. We're going next Sunday to look at & possibly order/ purchase a 243 BHS. I'm trying to do as much homework as I can before going. I keep reading about Keystone quality? Issues related to The Bullet, peeling/ faded
stickers, leaking slide out & showers? Can anyone add any input?

Vphil66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2016, 02:46 PM   #2
Thor Owners Club
I do not own a Bullet but a friend of mine has a 2016 Bullet and loves it and hasn't had any issues with it. (at least she hasn't mentioned any) I bought Hideout and got extended warranty for 6 additional years. I normally don't but extended warranties but felt that it would be wise to do so in this case.

LarrySharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 05:39 PM   #3
I bought a new 2016 Bullet Ultra-light 269RLS this past April and have pulled it well over 6,000 miles so far with no problems. Before you take delivery do a thorough walk through/examination and make them fix anything and everything not to your liking. In other words, make sure everything works and fits correctly. I believe, since the dealer is eager to sell it and get you out the door, they will fix things in a more timely manner.
parkerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:27 PM   #4
We purchased a new RKS248 Bullet Ultra Light three years ago after 20 years in 6 motorhomes. So far we are enjoying the trailer and have spent 5 months each of the past 3 years in it. We winter in Arizona. It has not been back to a dealer and the fit and finish has been good. So far no problems to report and we are happy campers. Good luck--
John and Marion Bell
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
2013 Keystone Bullet 248RKS, 2013 Ram 1500
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:19 PM   #5
I love my 2017 26rbpr bullet premier. Only minor issue I've had are the screws on the cabinet doors loosening up. It's a great camper still. I am very happy with it and looked at a lot (a real lot) of trailers before buying this one.
smbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 03:12 PM   #6
I had to have both the dinette table and the shelf under the bed replaced as both were badly warped. In addition, I had lots of small areas where the wall paper began peeling. I too have a 26RBPR.
2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn 3.0L ecoDiesel
2016 Keystone Bullet Premier 26RBPR
roteague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:51 PM   #7
My younger brother had a Keystone trailer. I have two other friends that also had Keystone trailers. My brother was having constant problems and sold it to some poor sucker and just recently purchased a new Forest River Champagne Edition 5th wheel. This unit has had twice he problems that the trailer had. He's not happy. Been in shop more than on the road. Both units are Thor brands. Airstreams are also Thor products but their quality hasn't gone down yet as far as I know.
Personally I would look for a trailer that is built better. You will pay more but it will be worth it.
Good luck!

09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote