RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2019, 02:28 PM   #1

Question Keystone Bullet

Hi, all! Just found this forum and would like to ask if anyone has any input on Keystone Rv? Found one today that we really liked but after getting home and doing some research, I fould many bad reviews about not honoring their warranties, poor construction, etc. I would appreciate any thoughts on this manufacturer. Thank you!

MaryAnn C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2019, 02:41 PM   #2

I have a 2013 Keystone Vantage 25RBS. So far no problems and everything still works. Keystone built the Vantage trailers for just two years 2012 & 2013.

Are there things I do not like about it, sure, like it is built too low to the ground is my major complaint but I knew this just by looking at it. It was built to compete with Airstream.

Remember there is very little automation and humans are building RV's.

Compare the Keystone Bullet to Winnebago or Flagstaff or Rockwood trailers. I am looking for my 4th RV and I am liking Flagstaff/Rockwood trailers.

tuffr2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 08:50 PM   #3

The material and workmanship in RVs is the worst of the worst. Nothing is built as poorly as a RV is.

Despite my warning our neighbors bought a Keystone. "It look so much nicer than the others" Roof leaked, shower door fell off..... I could go on. The dealer timed the warranty out buy making appointments 4-5 months apart.
35' 5thCustomized-16"Frame-240gFW-120gBlack-120gGrey-2"XPSTank Insulation-2x8K TimbrenSTI-TusonABS -900AhCrownFLA -BlueSea8264 -3KVictronMulti+GX+600W Xantrax-2K Solar-ARP Alarm-100gal ASME Propane -50A ProNautic-Propex 2800-2x300C Viair-17.5 Alcoa+TOYO1430
ALLOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 07:49 AM   #4

Quality Travel Trailer Brands

Best value/quality brand
Buying cheap travel trailers is a crap shoot with the odds against the buyer. If you won't pay for quality there is a high probability you will have extensive issues.
Keystone and Kodiak share the same support staff. Warranty on my Kodiak was in name only. The Keystone folks would make up reasons why issues were not covered. I had lots of issues. The list is too long to cover here.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:36 PM   #5

I am now on my 3rd Keystone RV. 1st 2 were Passports, the sister to the Bullet. I had no issues with either of those rigs. Each time I upgraded to a larger rig with more features. I now have an Alpine 5th Wheel and have minimal problems with it. Any issues Iíve had my dealer has dealt with Keystone and they resolved them. All RVs can have problems. Make sure you do a very thorough inspection whenever you buy whatever brand. Good luck on your hunt. Hope you find a rig you like and itís a good reliable rig for you.
tbos1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 07:20 PM   #6

Most of the time on forums, all you hear about is problems......hardly ever someone got a good one.......I did get a good one....
Old 09-30-2019, 11:09 PM   #7

Owned a 2017 Bullet 248RKS for just over two years. Out of 4 different brands of TT we have owned in the past 10-ish years, it was the biggest piece of trash. Exceptionally poor quality and even worse customer service. The FINAL straw was when the shelves under the sink fell apart because the meat heads who designed them stapled them upwards into a support bracket rather than downwards onto the bracket. Other big problem was the geniuses who thought screwing the underbelly into the crossbeam supporting the water tank was a good idea. Resulted in a hole in the water tank. Both times contacting customer service they denied the problems existed and Zane Kidder at Keystone was pretty darned rude about it. (Googling just those two issues will show you that several people have had the same problems.)

Of course, those were just a couple of the problems I had in just about three years with our Bullet. I can rattle off about a half a dozen problems.

DO NOT PURCHASE A KEYSTONE OR FOREST RIVER. They are garbage!
MickiDaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 05:00 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
We owned a 2013 Bullet and while it is more of an entry level TT it is also an ultra lite. They will be constructed of lighter weight material which will inherently be less durable. We had no issues with ours but having now upgraded we can see the huge difference in quality vs our fifth wheel and now our DP. Reviews are deceiving as no one posts good ones and warranties are a joke anyway so I wouldn't even consider that aspect.
https://wordpress.com/posts/enjoying-life.net
spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:41 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thumbs down mine was a p.o.s.

new 2014 204rbswe. 5 months was all i could handle with 3 of those in the shop.
if keystone wanted to save weight...they should have cut a hole in the wall over the range hood so the fan would exhaust vent what your cooking nope it recirculates
weighing in at a healthy 205lbs i felt the entry step was going to rip loose every time i stepped on it. the flexing was the floor. i also loved the positioning of the outside park cable hookup....behind (not under) the license plate..lovely.
leaking shower door and down the walls, un-level shower pan so always a lake there. i could go on but....you get the picture. lousy design and craftsmanship.
last time i towed it was from the factory warranty shop straight across town to an ORV dealer. good riddance!
Old 10-01-2019, 10:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracr39 View Post
... Reviews are deceiving as no one posts good ones and warranties are a joke anyway so I wouldn't even consider that aspect.
I disagree. Head on over to the Grand Design forums. Tons of great reviews and comments!

And "entry level" or not, a $25,000 product should never just fall to pieces. Can you imagine purchasing a car for that amount of money and someone telling you "Oh, it's just an entry level car. What do you expect unless you buy a Maserati?"
MickiDaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnn C. View Post
... any input on Keystone Rv? ...
We owned a Keystone Bullet Premier 19FBPR for four years and were very happy with it. Were there a few minor issues - yes. Anything really major? The fridge stopped working but self-healed after taking it in for service, and the converter fried and was replaced under warranty.

I suggest you also visit a sister forum dedicated to Keystone products and poke around there. It is a very active and informative forum on the Keystone line.

As has been alluded to above, the dealer makes or breaks warranty service. Be sure to thoroughly vet them also.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:13 AM   #12

We hauled our 2013 Bullet 230bhs to Alaska this summer putting on 12,000 miles and had zero problems. We did expect to have some issues but everything worked as it was supposed to so I can't say anything negative about Keystone.
However, we did buy a larger camper and chose a Grand Design 2800bh. I hope we have as good luck with our new camper as we did with the Bullet.
Nrbsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:21 AM   #13

I own a Bullet 308BHS and knew from the beginning that it was a budget value coach. Keystone is a large volume manufacturer. So expect a wide variety of social media reviews.

My trailer has not been without flaws but nothing that was season ending. The biggest issue was failure of a two mono leaf springs on a camping trip. No damage done, just a trip-ending, repair event. I have since upgraded axles, springs, wheels, and tires on my 2017. We also had a Dometic fridge control board fail on us. But not a fault of Keystone as the appliances are universal between all makers of RVs.

Overall, we've got 4 great seasons out of ours and hope to get another 3.

The best advice I can provide is find the most accommodating floor plan for your needs FIRST. Then make sure you buy from a "supportive" dealer. It makes things much easier if/when warranty claims come up. Finally, make sure a very thorough walkthrough (customer and dealer PDI) is performed. Before signing the delivery paperwork, it's in an owners best interest to address any manufacturer defects. After the sale, the process is much longer as the dealer will put an owner in line with everyone else. Prior to the sale, the prospective customer gets preferential treatment.

busterbrown1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone