Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-11-2015, 08:01 AM   #15
ah, I really am very happy having my RV and it has given us in its short two years some really good memories and family time together. I didn't come from a rich or even well off family myself and worked very hard to get to a station in life where I could buy one without financing so it really hit me hard and still does whenever I think about ALL the issues I had with mine right out of the gate and to top it off the way the dealership treated me. I was flabbergasted when they held my check for the full amount and made me bring in a cashiers check to make the payment..... it was all downhill from there.... just horrible people that I had to deal with. nuff about that......

RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2015, 06:55 PM   #16
Originally Posted by RVGuy1966 View Post
I mean NO disrespect to those who subscribe to that idea but when you pay a lot of money or have a large payment each month for an RV that you plan to use to stay close with your family and make new memories it disturbs me that quality control is just a passing thought to the people who not only build them but sell them too....
I couldn't agree more. Certainly as of late there have been many discussions on quality. We were looking at 4 5ers. two of them around $45k, two around $80k. I got to thinking about this and for $80k, I am not willing to put up with poor workmanship. When the 2nd RV show came about we focused on the $45k versions. There is decent workmanship out there at all price ranges.

2016 3500 6.7L DRW
2010 Starcraft 329BHU TT
bjlakatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:39 AM   #17
Quality control...

If you paid 30K for a car you would expect a quality product. So expecting a quality product in a RV or Travel trailer is the same thing in my book. I understand the venting on this topic. I just fell in love with a Keystone product and I am looking for ways to want to keep loving this camper I want to buy but when I read posts and trust me I am looking for the positives in all that I read... it does not make me want to buy this product. Came home from the RV more sure then ever I wanted to buy the KEYSTONE OUTBACK 312 BH but then began reading the reviews ..... and there is a KEYSTONE FORUM as well. There are very few positive reviews. Where is the quality control? Customer service is huge and they apparently don't honor much.
Dojo1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 05:28 PM   #18
its funny, I think I bought mine new and only got a 1 year warranty where the year before they had the same model with 2 years warranty. I really feel they realised they had crappy quality control and dropped to the 1 year. I have too many issues to list and I am just done complaining so I have a lot of work to do yo fix cosmetic issues my tt had when I bought it but didnt get fixed right by tbe dealer. I chalk it up to yet another corporation taking advantage of a market thats seasonal where the dealer cannot get to the warranty work before it runs out.
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 05:17 PM   #19
Keystone trailers are built as most are. Cheapest parts to meet a price point with some bling thrown in so you won't see the lack of quality. My brothers Hideout is filled with particle board and plastic. Many pieces have broken, like the bed frame. He changed the panel under the bed to plywood. Why not build with that? Price of course. His shower floor pan broke, his slide leaked and the roof fans sounded like jets taking off. I installed two Fantastic Fans for him. His cheap converter quit and we changed to a 9100 PD. Too many other problems to list. I have a Nash trailer and he is looking for a 5er. He is going to buy an Arctic Fox model. They are much better and higher quality. Basically you get what you pay for. Even the AF needs to have some items replaced with better components.
On my
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 05:38 PM   #20
Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Just makes it that much more important to see and know "cheap" when looking at RV's. You might see the "same" floorplan in a number of RV's (trailers) one priced at $15k the other $25k. Walk between them, open up cabinets, get down on your knees, look at the materials used, fit & finish and you will see why the $15k tt is $15k. If you listen real close you might hear a little birdie chirping (cheap..cheap..cheap...)

Jim, Diane & Robert ~ NE. OH.
2013 Aerolite Hybrid #232 ES
2014 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote