Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2018, 07:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Vee View Post
I am zero help here, I have a 99 Jayco and my friend has a 11 Keystone. I think both are top notch. Does it come down to dry weight or storage spaces?
storage space and finish.

Both are VERY VERY similar however jayco has a little better finish / storage space with 2 year warranty; however the Keystone has the 7 point auto leveling system.
devildog305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2018, 07:26 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
Cougar floor plan is nicer IMO. Jaycos 2 yr warranty is nice. You take your chances I guess.
I do like cougar! however I don't think they have a RB option like the outback, I could be wrong.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:30 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
Tank location is pretty important too if you have to travel with contents. I usually ran the trailers with just enough water in the fresh tank to flush the toilet if needed on the road. I do about the same with the MH. I don't boon-dock but have. I like RC airplanes and have been to a couple meets with a TT but not with the MH. But for towing weight I would think you would dump before leaving.

Sudsy
I would need too seeing how i Have a half ton pick up.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:58 AM   #18

I had a similar issue a couple months ago when we purchased our Keystone Cougar. However, we were looking at bunkhouse models.

We liked what we found in the Keystone model more than the Jayco. There are just little touches that made it the better choice. For us, it was the porcelain toilet and the king size bed, but it's different for everybody.

Walk both trailers, and write down the touches that you feel are must haves. Go with the one that has a longer list/feels better. You really can't do wrong by either company.
Danny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:10 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny5 View Post
I had a similar issue a couple months ago when we purchased our Keystone Cougar. However, we were looking at bunkhouse models.

We liked what we found in the Keystone model more than the Jayco. There are just little touches that made it the better choice. For us, it was the porcelain toilet and the king size bed, but it's different for everybody.

Walk both trailers, and write down the touches that you feel are must haves. Go with the one that has a longer list/feels better. You really can't do wrong by either company.
Thanks for the response...

its hard to make a choice seeing how they're both good choices.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:49 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog305 View Post
Great point!!!
You will be in the rain anyway while unhooking your trailer. To me the auto levelers are just something else that can go wrong. Manual jacks are very easy and trouble free. Back in, wait for the rain to either stop or back off and your good to go.
bmbl-bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:55 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbl-bee View Post
You will be in the rain anyway while unhooking your trailer. To me the auto levelers are just something else that can go wrong. Manual jacks are very easy and trouble free. Back in, wait for the rain to either stop or back off and your good to go.
Does an electronic auto leveling system have any benefits to it what so ever?
Old 01-11-2018, 09:08 PM   #22

I don't know about the Keystone build...but the Jayco roof look pretty strong

And the custom frame

windman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:43 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Oh My, yes!!

You can:
A. With the Level-up...Roll-up, hit 1 button and you're level in about 2 minutes.
Or
B. With no leveling system,...Roll-up and use ramps to level left/right (the stabilizer jacks are not made to support the RV - they only stop rocking)...driving back and forward to set the ramps. Then drop the tongue to use the tongue-jack to level front/rear.
Then finish by lowering the stab jacks to stop rocking.

Your choice
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:25 AM   #24

Quote:
When they work, they are great. When they have an issue, hang on to your pocketbook. Leveling a camping trailer manually is not a big deal.
bmbl-bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 12:23 AM   #25

RV Trip Wizard
I know this tread is old but what did you decide to purchase?

We are the owners of a 2018 Keystone Outback 266RB and love it!
HBandWB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jayco, keystone