Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-02-2015, 04:04 PM   #1
Forest River Owners Club
KZ RV Club
KZ Trailer

Hi all, we have looked at a gazillion trailers and brochures and reviews etc. and kind of come down to a KZ Spree 262 RKS and wondering if anyone out there has one? or had one? We have a local dealer about a mile from our home and makes it convenient for service and he has offered us a pretty fair price on the unit. Thing I like about it is all four stabilizers and the tongue jack are electric and it has a lot of nice things like a foam gel mattress, wardrobe and a rear luggage fold down rack.
We are unfamiliar with the brand but the literature looks good, I do like the fact it is aluminum including the roof trusses. Appears to be a well built trailer but looking for advise or comments good or bad on them. it's the largest we can pull in the KZ line as we only have a 1/2 ton and it's 5500 dry weight. I figure if we are careful with adding weight we will be ok, our truck is rated for 7400 lbs. This has a tongue weight of about 550 and 28 long.
thanks in advance for any input..........Jerry

Jerry M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2015, 05:01 PM   #2
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
KZ RV Owners Group
iRV2 Forums - KZ RV Owners Group

Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:52 PM   #3
KZ was a family owned RV company, but they were recently purchased by Thor. I don't know if that's good or bad. My Kz Stoneridge toy hauler was well made and trouble free. The factory tour is what sold us on the construction and quality. Support from the factory was outstanding at an Owner's rally in Shipshewanna In. in the fall of 2013. Techs fixed lots of problems for attendees and even came to the campground for some of the simple repairs. Go to the KZ Owners forum for more current info.
Central New York; 2016 Rockwood 2604WS travel trailer
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Eco Diesel; 2002 Harley Heritage Classic
Bill Davey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 07:20 AM   #4
We just bought a new Spree Connect and so far like it. I had not heard of KZ before, but have heard of some of the brands they make. Time will tell.
padre44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 07:30 AM   #5

We bought a new KZ Sportsmen 2452P 5th wheel in 2003 and kept it for 7 years. The only problem we had was the Electrical convertor failed during warranty but it was replaced by the dealer and everything worked fine after that.
2002 Holiday Rambler Presidential 5th wheel, 2002 Dodge 3500 dually Cummins
Muncie_6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:11 AM   #6
KZ builds better than average trailers and were a family owned company. I am sorry to hear Thor bought them.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:59 PM   #7
Thor recently purchased Airstream and I hope that the quality stays the way it has always been for that brand. I would like to see the other brands that Thor owns strive to match Airstream rather than let Airstream slide to the quality of their other brands.
My daughter owns a KZ and it is a lower quality RV built to a lower price point. I would say it is at least a step below the Keystone brand which one of my brothers owns. He can't wait to get rid of it. All the fixtures are of lower quality and there are example of cost cutting everywhere you look. If price is the main consideration I would try to find a used Arctic Fox or Nash because you will find much better construction and more quality through out.
Good luck in your search.

09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote