Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2016, 09:02 PM   #1

KZ Vision? Anyone have one?

just put a $500 deposit on 2016 KZ Vision 22BHS-MB discounted price is $19,995.

I don't see any mention of them in the forums here when searching - does anyone have one? any reports? good/bad?

wfcentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2016, 10:57 AM   #2

First let me say that I do not own a KZ.. I will say however and a friend of mine. Just bought a 2015 5th wheel 285 nice trailer from the looks of it. however one major issue. he came to me telling me his batteries keep going dead

Old 07-24-2016, 11:36 AM   #3

Sorry I was having a little trouble with my phone. What I wanted to add was that when I called KZ they said they no longer installed and isolator switch. / salesman switch. to their fifth wheels at least I'm not sure about the campers if yours does not have one you may be one of the ones that they claim would sooner disconnect your battery manually at the battery wire. if it was me I wouldn't accept the camper if they didn't at least put in an isolator switch to kill the battery when you park so you're ready for the next time just me but with my bad back I don't like having to climb in to a place that is not easily accessible just to disconnect the battery until I take it back on again that makes no sense to me. But there it was their statement that said we would like to do that. That was their words truthfully . I heard it with my own ears that's what they said.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyone View Post
Sorry I was having a little trouble with my phone. What I wanted to add was that when I called KZ they said they no longer installed and isolator switch. / salesman switch. to their fifth wheels at least I'm not sure about the campers if yours does not have one you may be one of the ones that they claim would sooner disconnect your battery manually at the battery wire. if it was me I wouldn't accept the camper if they didn't at least put in an isolator switch to kill the battery when you park so you're ready for the next time just me but with my bad back I don't like having to climb in to a place that is not easily accessible just to disconnect the battery until I take it back on again that makes no sense to me. But there it was their statement that said we would like to do that. That was their words truthfully . I heard it with my own ears that's what they said.
I will check for a battery disconnect switch when we pick it up - however, ours is a bumper pull unit and the battery is sitting outside on the hitch right behind the propane tanks. So, it would not be difficult to get to.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:46 PM   #5

Trust me pulling the cover disconnecting and putting cover on then doing it over and over again gets old fast. As well as not fun. Better to have a disconnect installed.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Trust me pulling the cover disconnecting and putting cover on then doing it over and over again gets old fast. As well as not fun. Better to have a disconnect installed.
I agree!!! We had a similar issue with our new Pioneer. I installed an isolator switch which had been working out well until our last trip when the switch would not close. :( I can only assume corrosion from being at the coast but haven't had time to break it down yet.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfcentral View Post
just put a $500 deposit on 2016 KZ Vision 22BHS-MB discounted price is $19,995.

I don't see any mention of them in the forums here when searching - does anyone have one? any reports? good/bad?
wfcentral, I picked up a KZ Vision V23BHS in May and been out on three long weekend trips so far. At first glance, the trailer seems to have cheap construction. But, really, that is to keep the weight down.

For instance, we took it in for warranty repairs when the wall around the shower buckled. It seems that whole rounded wall has only one stud. Rather than nail the wall material to the stud, they used tape which quickly came loose.

Other than that, we've had no major problems and I am really happy with the unit.

We'll be doing a cross-country trip starting this Wednesday. We'll see how it does on such a long trip (10,000km / 6,250 miles).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-KZ-RV-Vision-V23BHS-Travel-Trailer-Floorplan.gif
Views:	28
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	134153  
MBirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:11 AM   #8

yes - it will be interesting to see how they hold up. We just secured the truck (picking up a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI this afternoon. We get the trailer on Friday - then, only a few days later on August 3rd we will head to Florida (about 1,300 miles) for our first adventure - pretty crazy!!!

I also felt it was a bit flimsy here and there - but, I know as soon as you replace all that with nice thick wood you are going to add 1,000 pounds onto the trailer. Seems strong enough - we'll see.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfcentral View Post
yes - it will be interesting to see how they hold up. We just secured the truck (picking up a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI this afternoon. We get the trailer on Friday - then, only a few days later on August 3rd we will head to Florida (about 1,300 miles) for our first adventure - pretty crazy!!!

I also felt it was a bit flimsy here and there - but, I know as soon as you replace all that with nice thick wood you are going to add 1,000 pounds onto the trailer. Seems strong enough - we'll see.

I am towing with a 2014 Dodge Durango with V6 (capacity 6,200lbs). It seems to do the job. I easily cruise at 100km/hr or 60mph. Once I get up to 110kph or 66mph, I get a little bit of sway, but nothing concerning.

Since I was afraid that lifting the queen bed often would make a mess of my back, I installed a bedlift kit last week:

Standard Bedlift Kit - Hatchlift 120-080 - Furnishing Accessories - Camping World

Well worth the investment !!

Although, the 1x1 bed construction might not be up to supporting the kit. So, I reinforced the bed frame with sheets of plywood.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Sorry I was having a little trouble with my phone. What I wanted to add was that when I called KZ they said they no longer installed and isolator switch.
I was a little surprised there was no isolator switch on mine. Although it is a bit of a pain in the butt, I disconnect the battery when it in storage for more than a couple of weeks. It's easy to access.