Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2016, 06:15 AM   #1

Lance 1475

Hi,

Just browsing for options for potential first TT, would prefer to tow with an suv. Came across the Lance 1475 and love the two captains chairs small table in lieu of the usual dinette. This seems fairly unique. Anyone have similar ones to consider? or does anyone own one and can offer feedback on the layout?

Lance 1475 Travel Trailer - Simplification.... Identify what is important to you, eliminate the rest.

Thanks,
John
johnandjennc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2016, 08:50 AM   #2

I bought a lance in feb this year. I have been out twice and love the trailer. It is a 24rls and I pull with a f150 ecoboost v6 and have no problems
cmcguire48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 11:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnandjennc View Post
Hi,

Just browsing for options for potential first TT, would prefer to tow with an suv. Came across the Lance 1475 and love the two captains chairs small table in lieu of the usual dinette. This seems fairly unique. Anyone have similar ones to consider? or does anyone own one and can offer feedback on the layout?

Lance 1475 Travel Trailer - Simplification.... Identify what is important to you, eliminate the rest.

Thanks,
John
I just bought a 2016 Lance 1995 and just bought a 2016 RAM Laramie Longhorn 1500 to pull it. The quality and finish is superb on both. Mind you Lance does cost a bit more than the usual. I've had zero problems so far. I like the 1475 too. It's rather unique, and perfect for pulling with an SUV.

My only question would be .. is this going to be big enough for you a couple years down the road?? If not move up now and save the money. If it's just you and the wife, then go for it. It's a really nicely done out model.

Good luck.
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:43 AM   #4

Thanks for the feedback! Yes will be me and DW and 2 dogs. I'm leaning small trailer and SUV combo as my 'starter' setup as i can find a low mileage used durango or grand cherokee pretty easily and much more affordable than a nice pickup like you have. Plus my garage is pretty tight. Just seems to be the better choice for us. If we do find it too small after a couple years, then I can price trading up both the TV and TT plus I'll know better my towing comfort and features that we would like. At least that is my thoughts now....
Old 05-25-2016, 07:46 AM   #5

We had a Lance 1575 for two years. I towed it with a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited across the country twice. Other than a huge hit in gas mileage, it towed well. We did have a problem with our slideout leaking and had a very difficult time getting it repaired. Lance rejected the warranty claim at first. I had to send a video of the water leak to my dealer for them to finally approved the repair. According to our dealer, this was a common problem and Lance was very difficult to work with. YMMV. Having said that, we did like the trailer very much. The quality of the interior seemed better than most of the competition. Like you, it was just me and my wife and 2 small dogs. In the end, we only traded it because we wanted a bigger unit.
jim223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:19 PM   #6

Thanks Jim, just curious what size did you trade up to, what features about it did you seek over the 1575 and what are you towing the new trailer with?
Old 05-26-2016, 03:04 AM   #7

Campers are a disease for us. We started with an '09 Jeep Wrangler and an Aliner pop-up. Next was my '14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and the Lance 1575. Then my wife bought a '16 Jeep Gran Cherokee so we bought a Winnebago 2351DSK. (23-foot interior / 26-foot OAL). I'm already drooling over the upcoming Dodge Power Wagons and the thoughts of a 5th wheel are turning! We simply find ourselves using the camper more and more and tend to want more space as we spend more time in it. It's a vicious circle, the more comforts we have, the more time we spend, the more comforts we want. Some would say it's not camping anymore and to some extent I would agree. I personally have noticed that with each progression the experience becomes a little less about getting out in nature but it does become more of a social interaction with neighbors (if that makes any sense). In regards to our unit in particular, we really like the dual opposing slideouts of the Winnebago. It seems to offer a great deal of openness. Lance has a similar floorplan I n their 2017 lineup but given how often we seem to change, it was hard for us to justify the price difference. We haven't had the unit long enough to determine the drawbacks of this layout (if there are any). The quality of the Winnebago interior is not quite as nice as the Lance but it is very close. For me, the thing that clinched it is the color of the cabinetry. The current Winnebagos have a very light "bleached" wood finish. This really brightens up the interior... especially on a smaller camper. In some units, it is so dark I felt like I was in a cave.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:15 AM   #8

I forgot to mention, one thing we really like about the Winnebago (or any larger TT) is the walk around bed. I didn't think it was a big deal but after having it for a short time, I wouldn't want to go back. Having said all this, the Lance is a really nice unit and that is a nice floor if you want (or need) a camper in that size. It sure beats a tent! When we bought our Lance, we couldn't find anything else that had the quality of the Lance in the weight range.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:19 PM   #9

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here is a nice article from the Small Trailer Enthusiast:
Update on the Lance 1475 | The Small Trailer Enthusiast

We started with a 14ft Dutchmen with a similar layout except a loveseat was where your captain chairs are and the dinette at the end was in permanent bed mode so it looked like the LANCE bed. It was long - 54x80, so I had plenty of room to crawl in at the foot of the bed. Did use a double sleeping bag to eliminate making the bed.

Because we can now camp with young grandkids, we went to an 18ft with bunks and a non walkaround 60x74 bed - we would have lost the bunks with a walkaround queen. It does have a small space at the foot of the queen bed where I put a little two-step stool so I can get in as I am the one next to the wall.

Lance's have a wonderful reputation.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:50 PM   #10

Like the comment "it's not camping anymore " Unless we someday we go full time, we love or Grey Wolf 26RL. Has all we would need, we have even cut back on what we take in learning what we actually use, and not ! Many 4 day weekends and a few week trips. I guess a low end unit in the overall skeem of units, 2 years now, and many trips, but we love it !
Old 05-30-2016, 05:55 AM   #11

Thanks! I took a look online and like the layout but 31 feet is way too long for me until i get some miles under my belt lol I do love hearing how people use their rigs and what they like about them though!
Old 05-31-2016, 12:37 PM   #12

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Double post
Old 05-31-2016, 12:40 PM   #13

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnandjennc View Post
Thanks! I took a look online and like the layout but 31 feet is way too long for me until i get some miles under my belt lol I do love hearing how people use their rigs and what they like about them though!
I understand. Our 18' is 21'9". Easy to back into campsites and we can go about anywhere we like.
lgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:32 AM   #14

Cool. What model is your 18 footer?