Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2017, 04:04 AM   #1

Lance Travel Trailer Quality

I am looking at a Lance travel trailer. I would like to know what everyone thinks about the overall quality? Thanks in advance for your help!
Ksatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2017, 06:33 AM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
I have not owned a Lance trailer... but I will say if they had made one the size and floor-plan that I needed, I would. They have a great reputation for being one of the best.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:04 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksatter View Post
I am looking at a Lance travel trailer. I would like to know what everyone thinks about the overall quality? Thanks in advance for your help!
I don't currently own a Lance. My dear friend has owned both a Lance Truck Camper and now a Lance TT. Excellent build quality one of the best. IMHO not built as strong and heavy as Northwood or ORV but very solid, cabinets all cnc machined beautiful fit and finish. Lance sidewalls have Azdel which helps protect against delam and save weight.

All RVs take a beating bouncing down the road and will have a few problems but Lance is one of the best and also they back what they sell. The two I mentioned above are also great choices if you need a larger TT.

Good Luck in your search
cdoorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:17 AM   #4

We had a Lance and it was an excellent trailer. Customer service is superior and the owners' group (LOA) is wonderful and fun bunch of people to meet up with for rallies. We were unable to find the floor plan we wanted in the Lance product or we would have purchased again. BTW, we sold our Lance trailer, day-one, for our asking price in cash.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:16 AM   #5

Grand Design Owners Club
I don't have personal experience with Lance but a good friend has a 1685. After his last trip told me he may sell it once it goes out of warranty due to the list of issues after each trip. In fairness to Lance - his trips have been 4-6 weeks at a time. Also he tends to be hard on equipment.
cfowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:39 AM   #6

I have heard that the Lance TT is very nice, have never actually seen one. We have a Winnebago Micro Minnie 2106DS and it is great on both fit and finish. We have not had any problems at all. We looked at everything available in our area while shopping and the MM was far above the rest so we bought it. Good luck with your choice...
JUS1MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:17 AM   #7

Sold our 2011 Lance 1985 ..... (traded actually on Chaparral 5th)

1. Biggest problem was a water leak from the shower fitting (impossible to get at unless you pull the refrigerator). Lance for the sake of 1 cents worth Teflon tape - water logged floor that could not be repaired.

2. These TT are LOW (to low) to the ground to the point that the sewer connection is often LOWER than sewer connection at campgrounds. Many Lance TT owners are ordering a lift kit ... this is a well know problem.

Along with this because the TT holding tanks are long but shallow even when able to be HIGHER / ABOVE the sewer - the BLACK TANK never fully drains PITA. you can rinse all day.

If I where to do it again ..... I would NOT ...... I'd look at a Artic Fox (TC TT 5th) ... true Canadian 4 seasons, built in Canada, build here own frames.
CF-104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:40 AM   #8

As you can see by the answers so far, responses are from one end of the spectrum to the other. Which, IMHO, is what you will get regardless the question asked. We own a 2017 2375. We love the floor plan. The fit and finish is very good. Only problem we have had to date was having to tighten a leaking fitting. I know RV's in general are not a good investment. But I try to buy a brand or model that I believe has good resell value. That is the Lance. Also the Lance Owners of America (LOA) are a fantastic source of information and assistance if needed. I highly recommend a Lance.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:08 PM   #9

Lance has a very good rep as you already know. It is still independent and that's a big plus. Better than average for factory support. Truck campers are better for layout and design than trailers in that Lance is relatively new to the TT market. If you like the floor plan and you are happy with the rest of the unit, it would serve you well.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:24 PM   #10

Lance would be at the top of my list but I don't like any of the floor plans.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:20 AM   #11

We have a 2017 Lance 2285 and love it !!!!!!!
Amazing build quality!!
Had 15 inches of snow last year, no problem!!
In my opinion, Airstream quality at aritic fox price!

But WAY lighter!!!
5,000 lbs !!!
Worth every $$$$$$ !!!!!
Yes , I am an owner!!!!
No regrets!!!!!!!
scrapperjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:59 AM   #12

Initially we were looking for a smaller trailer and found a new 2017 Lance 1575. The size was right. The build quality looked to be good. The interior walls and cabinets were very solid. I liked the trailer but I wasn't convinced the $41,000 price tag was justified for a trailer that size. It was nice but not that nice. Perhaps I should have gone back and had a second look but didn't.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:31 PM   #13

Price seems high.
My 2017 Lance 2285 MSRP was $43,000,
Paid $36,000
scrapperjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:52 PM   #14

US dollars vs. Canadian dollars would be why.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality, trailer, travel, travel trailer