Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2014, 05:59 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Jayco Owners Club
LED light bulbs

I bought six of these light bulbs and got them in today. Installed them in the light assembly in the living room. They are a little bit blue in color and look bright enough in my travel trailer. I ordered more today. I think they are at a great price.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LP3...332200_TE_item

ksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2014, 08:19 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
They are half of that on ebay, china direct. It's hit or miss on color though, most want warm white, but they are good about replacing or exchanging. Converted the whole coach for very little money. So far so good. Great energy savings. Some good threads around on the subject.

CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:49 AM   #3

I converted all my lights as well and it was the last five that came in a blueish light that is just awful. ordering more but may not see those before the season is over.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:21 PM   #4

Color can be an issue but if you use a reputable supplier, it may cost a little more but they will send the colors you ask for. I have found it to be worth the small extra cost since I want "warm white" in all reading areas.
SKP Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I orderded a bunch back in 2005 or 6, and they were very blue and not very bright.. Since I have found several that are very white and very bright.. I mean brighter than a 1141 and likely brighter than a 1156.

I have a box of 10 due in today.. Do not yet know how bright they will be (Seller claims as good as my ECO LED brand units.. only 10 for the price of one).

Was just at an RV dealer today. for 12" Florcesent replacement LED strips they wanted 45 bucks (NO SALE!!!!) 25 I'd have considered.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:31 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I orderded a bunch back in 2005 or 6, and they were very blue and not very bright.. Since I have found several that are very white and very bright.. I mean brighter than a 1141 and likely brighter than a 1156.

I have a box of 10 due in today.. Do not yet know how bright they will be (Seller claims as good as my ECO LED brand units.. only 10 for the price of one).

Was just at an RV dealer today. for 12" Florcesent replacement LED strips they wanted 45 bucks (NO SALE!!!!) 25 I'd have considered.
Where did yiu buy them?
ksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:04 AM   #7

If you want quality, choice in color etc with a warranty and worthy company see my recent post I made below:
Just finished a complete LED retrofit of my 2002 Monaco Knight 38PBD with all Cabin Bright products, amazing beyond compare! The vanity lights and X Factor are dynamic to say the least. Replaced 12 fluorescent tubes with X Factor replacements, truly no comparison with the competition. The vanity replacements are also a change in class!

I will say the owner of cabin bright will take your personal calls and discuss products, specs and suggestions. He is an electrical engineer and actually test each product before shipping, a company worth it's weight.

By comparison my complete retrofit was approx one third the cost of the competition yet I find the quality a step above and then some!

Game changing products, I researched for four months and glad I went with Cabin Bright