Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-05-2014, 07:17 PM   #15
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Originally Posted by IdahoBob View Post
I hobbled out to our rig today to check the no-slam door that we learned to love during our 9000 mile trip earlier this year. Upon close inspection while moving both outside and screen doors, together and separately, I only noticed one anomaly. While opening and closing the screen door, I noticed that the bottom of the screen door moved about 1/2 inch sideways in the door frame. All door seals however are acceptable (if not perfect). The screen door is supported/connected to the hinge by a "Z" shaped bracket. Some adjustment (bending) of that might make a difference. I'll not do this until I study it a whole lot more.

I misspoke. The bottom of the screen door does not move 1/2 inch. It is the door frame that is moving, but only about 1/8 inch. So as the outer door is closed, the tight hinge forces the frame to the right (forward) about 1/8 inch. This is not happening at any other hinge. I will try lubing this when I get the energy.

2014 Wind River 250RDSW
2010 Ram 3500 CTD 4X4
Pasco, WA
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2014, 12:05 AM   #16
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I am using some graphite lock lube on my hinges and they seem a little smoother but still have some drag to them.

2014 Wind River 250RDSW
2014 Ram 2500 Diesel Laramie 4x4, Snugtop shell,
One big spoiled Bernese Mtn Dog
Highway 4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:44 AM   #17
Originally Posted by UTTransplant View Post
I read your link and feel so bad for you, but I want to re-iterate that the issues I had with the trailer were not unexpected or dreadful. The dealer fixed everything we asked them to do before we left the lot, and we didn't have anything else show up on our shake-out trip last weekend. I really just posted to encourage folks to fully check out their trailer before leaving the lot. For example, if we hadn't checked every AC vent in the camper, we might not have discovered the bedroom one didn't work (but all the others did). As for a bit of caulk here and there, I had to do that on a brand new bathroom built by a quality builder! I could have had the builder out to do it, but it was faster to just do it ourselves.

Best of luck to you in your travails. BTW: I went to grad school in Stillwater >35 years ago, and I have family in the area. Keep cool!
Absolutely. This is our first trailer and I really didn't know com'mear from sick'em. They stepped through everything but we never turned on the water. It was checked off on the list as inspected. I think my advice to anyone would be take an experienced person with you to inspect trailers.

If you visit Stillwater....you won't recognize the place. It is nuts when school is in. I graduated OSU in 1997. Still here.
Electrical Engineer
I invent light-emitting resistors and smoke-emitting diodes.
4x4dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:08 PM   #18
Evergreen Owners Club
Well after today's journey east over bumps and repairs to I-80 thru Nebraska, I have discovered that I had to adjust the drawer closers on two drawers as they were open upon arrival to camp.

While stopped at Kearney Nebraska for lunch at Perkin's restaurant I discovered that the lower trim just in front of the door was buckled. I believe this was caused by expansion from sun heating the aluminum lower skirt. After arrival at camp it was much less buckled. I thin the walk-in door trim is forcing it somewhat forward and will relieve the pressure upon returning to home.

Some one has stated that maybe my A/C is drawing to many amps? I do not know what the specs are for this A/C unit. Maybe if I check it on the roof it will tell me. I do know from my surge protector that has a direct led readout that it is drawing 17 amps most of the time. Maybe this is to great?
I could read in the owner's manual but have any of you ever read these things? They are so vague and encompass the entire lineup of trailers, not just the specific one we have.
Ok, I found the papers to the A/C unit. It is on a 20 amp circuit so I can assume 17 amps is normal.

We just went thru a very very strong thunderstorm and have found two water leaks. Both in the front bedroom. One I believe was water coming from the front storage and possibly I did not have the slam door slammed closed on one side. The other was below the window and when I discovered it on the floor was small but still should not be there. I believe the wind was blowing from that direction so will check with a pressured hose when getting home.
Special ordered 2016 Bay Hill 375RE with 17.5 wheels/G114 Goodyears/Hydraulic disc brakes. 2016 F-350 Lariat Ultimate 6.7 Powerstroke 4X4 CC LB dually Hensley BD3 Air Ride Hitch.
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:58 PM   #19
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We met our son in Idaho for some white water rafting last weekend. We stayed in his trailer because there is plenty of room, and we didn't want to drag our trailer out sevens hours away for one day of camping.
On his way to the campground, he lost a rear tire, and took out his wheel fender, mudflap, and aluminum between the wheel and back door on his 2014 trailer. When he started looking at the other tires, he found cracked valve stems on all three. They say you don't get a tire pressure monitor until after this happens, but I'm getting one soon!

2015 Creekside 26RLS
2014 F-150 XLT
Western Washington
BandC is offline   Reply With Quote