Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2010, 05:44 PM   #1

Level ease

Has anyone had any Exp. with this product looking at there web site it seams like it would be a sweet idea to level and hook and unhook thanks in advance Z-Man IA

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Now thats pretty coool on this hot day. Level Ease
Welcome to irv2 mzuehlke9.
Thanks for the post.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:04 PM   #3

I have looked at it at a couple of RV shows and discussed it with the vendors but it has always sounded a little too good to be true. have never seen one installed or talked to anyone that owned it. Verdict is still out
Old 07-06-2010, 03:31 PM   #4

Top Notch!

Greetings, just joined here today after surfing around on the forums for awhile. I saw this post on Level Ease and had to respond. I bought this unit about a month ago for my new 2010 Montana Mountaineer 5th wheel. Really took a chance as it is not a cheap option. ($295). The electric motor on our new unit is painfully slow to raise or lower as I am sure many of you can relate to. Standing there with a foot to go and just barely seeing the hitch move is kind of dishartening. I saw the ad in Trailer Life and looked into the pros and cons. Saw the company video, read what reviews I could find on it and then bought it. It arrived I think in less than a week. Was easy to install, just followed the directions. I did have one question that was not answered in the instructions so called the company. Left a message, and less than half hour I got a call from a very pleasant and helpful man. He was so knowlegeable, I thought he may have been the owner of the company. Anyway my question was answered, and I was on my way. Instalation and setup went without a problem. We have taken two trips with it so far and now I wouldn't be without it. Level Ease has made hitching, unhitching, retracting and leveling such a breeze. From the level position, I hit the "connect" button, then while Level Ease puts the unit in position for hitching, I am backing the truck in position. (Look ma, no hands) The hitch stops in a precise pre-determined position for hitching. Back the truck, hitch up, then push the retract button and the jacks retract to the travel position. After your journey and you are ready to unhitch, hit the "disconnect" button and the jacks lower to the position for disconnecting. While Level Ease is doing it's job, I can be disconnecting the umbilical cord, placing chocks, etc. When it stops, drive the truck out from under the unit. Then just hit the "level" button and the unit will level itself from front to rear.
Bottom line, I would buy it again in a heartbeat. The good news, I will never have to buy another for this unit because there is a liftime warranty on it. If anyone wants more info, please feel free to e-mail me or just use the forum. BTW, I am in no way connected with the Level Ease company, just a "Happy Camper"
Old 07-06-2010, 03:57 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good job bobsals couldn't ask for a better review than that.
Welcome to irv2.
Enjoy the forums and do post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #6

Bobsals, thanks, for the great input as I am new to RVing this could be just a little easier. Do you have one or two motors on your Jacks? the video says it will work on both, I have a 2010 Chaparral 322 RLS witch has just one motor. Again thanks to all for the comments. Zman IA
Old 07-07-2010, 06:33 AM   #7

We have one motor on ours. Level Ease will work on units with two motors however, anyone ordering for a two motor jack assembly needs to order the Level Ease for that configuration. On my Mountaineer, it came from the factory with a wireless remote control that controls the slides, awning, rear stabilizers, and the landing gear. My question to the factory was I needed to know if the wireless remote may affect the Level Ease in any way. ( the instructions instruct you to replace the manual switch with the Level Ease) The answer was simple and I am glad I asked. The back feed to Level Ease from the remote would likely burn out diodes in the Level Ease control box. I simply just wired the Level Ease directly into the jack motor and left the factory switch & remote untouched. (but disconnected).
Old 07-07-2010, 06:44 AM   #8

My thoughts:
I looked at this product a few years ago, and have these questions. Does it eliminate the need to get on the ground to place leveling blocks under wheels (side-to-side leveling) or front and rear jacks and stabilizers when required? I didn't buy one because it is an automated front jack motor only, if I read the advertising literature correctly. I can spend the time necessary to operate front jacks manually, I'm retired, why hurry.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:18 AM   #9

Ray, no, the unit does not do everything for you, just the boring stuff. You still need to level your unit side to side just like we always do. You still need to put blocks under the stabilizers. But, the nice thing is you can leave the landing gear drop down legs retracted if you like because the level ease will make up all that slack on the way down. The only reason why we manually drop the legs is so we don;t have to hold that dang switch so long . Level Ease is not a do all - cure all, but once you use it, you will never give it up. I am retired too but find this unit adds to the pleasure of being retired.