Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2014, 09:40 PM   #15

We too use permanently installed stabilizers. We tried everything to stop the movement including a tri pod and an additional set of arm jacks at the very rear of our Carriage. Another bonus is nothing to put up, take down or find a place to store a tri pod. We have been very happy with them for over 8 years. Hugs, Di

2015 1 ton auto single cab 2 wheel drive 3500 Ram Dually. Western Pearl Brown, 410 Aisin Trans, Pace Eds roll top cover. 1996/2015 3axle Carriage, BF Auto Level, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Dutch & Diana Irrgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2014, 11:55 PM   #16

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
Kind a hard to have a light weight TT that sits high with good ground clearance be solid as a rock when parked with a quick set-up and take down.
Good observation. But as a highly educated and experienced engineer, I will continue to seek an effective, practical and affordable solution...

Bob

IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:40 AM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The best way to stop the moving is get it wedged between a rock and a hard place.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:12 PM   #18

Jayco Owners Club
I guess frame extensions and an electric tongue jack at each corner would do it... but again... I'm cheap...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:06 PM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
A little off subject but I wish there was a way to level side to side besides putting blocks under the tires. Seems like one good bottle jack to raise the low side would do it, then just put down the stabilizers.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:38 PM   #20

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I am still "thinking through" the jiggle issue. Dual Rotochoks didn't help. I can't really tell when inside the trailer if the jiggling is sideways, fore and aft or up and down (flex in the frame). In looking at the Lippert electric stabilizers, it appears they should be resisting the sideways movement pretty well.

On another thread in iRV2 there is considerable discussion of successfully using a ratcheting extendable bar used in pickup truck beds to keep loads from sliding around. The bars are modified as needed to provide diagonal support much like the commercial stabilizers. I think I will chew on this approach a bit. I am willing to put out the bucks for commercial stabilizers if I am sure they will solve the problem. But if my issue is the frame flexing, diagonals won't help much.

When we end our current trip in May, I could put hydraulic jacks mid-frame to see if that is the source of my jiggle.

This is so much fun...

Bob
Old 02-25-2014, 08:43 PM   #21

I recently was handed down a pair of lightweight aluminum stabilizers. Put one under frame on each side of my ultralight Rookwood, just ahead of the front axle. That made the biggest improvement in trailer shake so far. Very noticeable.
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:58 PM   #22

Outdoors RV Owners Club
lippert jacks

I have the timberridge, same floor plan as Idaho bob. I also have a lot of bounce in the unit with these electric stab jacks. Plan to add scissor jacks ahead of the wheels when I get home in 6 weeks. I also live in the west central mountains.
Would like to get together with Idaho Bob to compare issues and solutions.

Mtn Dave
2014 timberridge 250 RDS
1999 Dodge 2500 V-10
Old 04-01-2014, 08:28 AM   #23

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn Dave View Post
I have the timberridge, same floor plan as Idaho bob. I also have a lot of bounce in the unit with these electric stab jacks. Plan to add scissor jacks ahead of the wheels when I get home in 6 weeks. I also live in the west central mountains.
Would like to get together with Idaho Bob to compare issues and solutions.

Mtn Dave
2014 timberridge 250 RDS
1999 Dodge 2500 V-10
Mtn Dave,

Good to hear we are almost neighbors! We live about 12 miles NW of McCall (Meadows Valley). We will be home in early May. We are currently in Dallas, on our way to Louisville.

If I can figure out how, I will send you a PM.

Bob
Old 04-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #24

With our new 26ft I-Go the electric stabilizers and x-chocks in between the tires made it quite steady this past weekend.. I had heard the chocks made a big difference so I went and bought them before our first trip .. The Lippert is slower than the manual ones but I am not complaining..