Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2015, 07:53 PM   #1

Living in TT

So I am brand new to Rving, just bought a 2015 Coachmen Catalina 27' 273BH. It is a pretty nice TT I must say. Anyway, I am active duty military and due to waiting for PCS orders, I am going to live in the RV for a few months until I can get back to my wife in san Antonio. So are there any good tips for living full time for a while? I purchased a DTV Sat dish for tv so that will help. But any other good tips would be appreciated.
gmiller1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2015, 08:35 PM   #2

What part of the country are you in now? I don't know if I can offer any advice, but I will definitely thank you for your service to our country!
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:48 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
If ur in a warm part of the country you should be ok by yourself. ..read this form often u will learn alot. Make sure you understand all the systems in ur TT. Do not leave your black tank drain open. It us not a sewer pipe, it is a tank and if u leave it open the liquids drain leaving the solids behind. Thats trouble. If it gets below freezing disconnect your water supply and work from your tank. That rig probably isn't insulted very well, u made need to supplement with electric heat. Keep reading. Good luck and thanks for serving!
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:59 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to DonaandDon
x2 for serving. Agree with a ceramic heater and a small dehumidifier. Water inside the RV is your enemy. A 4" PVC between the head board and the mattress if you have the room. Walls and windows sweating is your first indicator. And please don't forget the beer! Welcome to the forum.
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:01 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Spend some time searching this forum and you should get most, if not all your questions answered. If you are in an area that gets cold, pay particular attention to things others have done to survive without freezing up. A few comments on a forum like this only scratch the surface for a newbie.
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:45 PM   #6

Jayco Owners Club
I spent 8 weeks in mine when it was new, while waiting for our home to sell. It's not bad, but watch the humidity inside... as others have said. I needed 2 air-conditioners because mine was in Texas in the middle of summer... Other than that, it was just fine.

Thanks for serving....!
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:54 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome.

Good advice on the tanks. I leave both tanks closed and empty the black then the gray to flush the hose.

It would help if we knew the part of the country you are living in. Winter tips are significantly different than summer tips.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:16 AM   #8

I have a niece in the Army and a Brother who served in National Guard and my Father saw action in korea so again I thank you for putting YOUR life on the line for ALL of us stay safe. I keep RID-X in the bathroom where most of the moisture is. if you see a lot of condensation on the windows in the early morning you may need to buy a dehumidifier but with that I found comes the balancing act so your not waking up with a dry throat in the middle of the night.

good luck and enjoy your mobile mansion.....
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 12:38 PM   #9

Right now in western TN. Thank you.

QUOTE=RedRaider93;2413577]What part of the country are you in now? I don't know if I can offer any advice, but I will definitely thank you for your service to our country![/QUOTE]
Old 02-11-2015, 12:41 PM   #10

beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaandDon View Post
x2 for serving. Agree with a ceramic heater and a small dehumidifier. Water inside the RV is your enemy. A 4" PVC between the head board and the mattress if you have the room. Walls and windows sweating is your first indicator. And please don't forget the beer! Welcome to the forum.
Will never forget the beer. My TT has both electric and gas water heater so that is a big reason I bought it...I had ceramic heaters but sold them guess I'll get a new one.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Welcome.

Good advice on the tanks. I leave both tanks closed and empty the black then the gray to flush the hose.

It would help if we knew the part of the country you are living in. Winter tips are significantly different than summer tips.
Right now for the next 4-5 months I'll be in Memphis, TN.
so really cold off and on. It is winterized right now as I do not begin living in it until the 22d