Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #1

Long, long day, but now ready to roll

I spent this weekend getting my Vantage squared away and ready to go for the season.

Went on a shopping trip to get all the things I think I'll need this season - stuff for the kitchen and other misc. stuff.

Got my battery changed out to the Trojan 225. Wanted to put 2 6Vs in, but they wouldn't fit the rack.

I moved the TV it came with back to the bedroom area and hung a new 22" LCD where the original one was - got a new articulating mount so you can actually see the TV from the sofa.

Got all the water systems drained of all the crappy (yellow) water from the dealership, flushed and refilled with my good water from home.

Reorganized the cabinets and the outside storage area. Did some touch-ups and cleaning.

Unpacked and set up my new Equal-I-Zer hitch. I like this thing. It took me about 3 tries, but I got it set up perfectly. This is a big step up from the EzLift I had. Basically I've got my Suburban level, and the trailer level. With a load on the front axle, and the Timbrens not engaged, it's a much better handling arrangement.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #2

Congrats. Keep us posted on adjustments and other things you learn. That way we can learn from it too.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #3

So when and where are you heading for your first trip of the season?
Old 03-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #4

not sure yet. I'd love to escape the snow and head to the Keys for a week, but I can't get away from work that long. So probably head to a State Park near home for a weekend later this month.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

caveman cbb,
Remember you have to take plenty of pictures or it never happen.Good Luck and Many Safe and Happy Miles and Smiles.
papaw.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaw.1 View Post
caveman cbb,
Remember you have to take plenty of pictures or it never happen.Good Luck and Many Safe and Happy Miles and Smiles.
X2 on the pictures
Old 03-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #7

Decided to go to Sadler's Creek State Park for the weekend - the weather is looking to be mild (mid-sixties) and it will be a good opportunity to shake her out. Think I'll not plug in at all and see if I can make it Friday to Sunday. May put my kayak in the lake.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
I moved the TV it came with back to the bedroom area and hung a new 22" LCD where the original one was - got a new articulating mount so you can actually see the TV from the sofa.
The Vantage is a quality RV that probably includes a strong wall mount for the TV. But be aware that a heavier TV than the one that came with it might bounce loose, tearing the mount from the wall, and come crashing down while on the road. Especially if your articulating mount provides more leverage for the weight of the TV to put more pressure on whatever attaches it to the wall. No problem if the TV sits on a shelf, but a wall mount is not a shelf. My TT manual warns me to dismount the TV from the wall mount and store it somewhere safe while traveling. I usually haul mine in the bathtub. It only requires a few seconds to disconnect and dismount it, then put it in the bathtub. But it's one more thing to add to your "always do" checklist list for preparing the TT for travel, such as be sure the coupler is locked, raise the stabilizers and the steps, fold down the TV antenna, plug the electric cord into the tow vehicle and be sure the turn signal lights work, etc.
Grumpy ole man with over 50 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7,000-pound enclosed cargo trailer, RV is a 5,600 pound Skyline Nomad Joey 196S, and my tow vehicle is a 2012 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCrew.
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #9

Hear ya.

This mount has a locking me mechanism to keep it against the wall. The TV is about 7 lbs, so I'm not too concerned about it.