Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2008, 06:17 AM   #1

Hello to everyone out there in RVland. Trying to get some feed back for my brother. He is looking at a Holiay Rambler 28'. Does anyone have any comments? He knows I read this forum and am always relaying what I've read, so he thought maybe ya'll wouldn't mind voicing some opinions.

Thanks, Paula
okiesquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2008, 06:17 AM   #2

Hello to everyone out there in RVland. Trying to get some feed back for my brother. He is looking at a Holiay Rambler 28'. Does anyone have any comments? He knows I read this forum and am always relaying what I've read, so he thought maybe ya'll wouldn't mind voicing some opinions.

Thanks, Paula
Old 06-18-2008, 12:12 PM   #3

Glad you finally decided to join in and welcome to IRV. As for Holiday Rambler, there are a lot of brands I wouldn't buy before comming to HR on the list. Have him join in and tell us what he is looking at and I'm sure we can fill in the details and what to look for on the unit.
Baby Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:21 PM   #4

Depending on age, because the original company was bought out by Monico it could be a good purchase.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:50 PM   #5

He found a 06 HR toy hauler bumper pull 28'. Said it's in real clean condition, supposably on used twice. Who knows for sure. When it was traded orig. owner took generator, for new larger unit. Will try to get more specifics, he works alot and doesn't have internet, so I help him out with the research. I've really learned alot from the forums. Becoming addicted to reading them. Thanks for any and all help. Paul
Old 06-26-2008, 12:26 PM   #6

I currently own a Holiday Rambler "Alumalite." 34'. I bought it new in 1997. I had owned 3 Airstreams before that. I found the fit and construction of the HR to be about the same as the AS and the appliances were largely the same brands. A couple of oddities that probably don't exist anymore, but the plug wiring on mine does not follow the "code" and has made plug repair a hassle. My unit is fairly heavy at 9,400 and HR put a "stock" suspension on it. It had plastic bushings! I replaced it all with bronze bushings and greaseable wet bolts. Not a big deal, but for the kind of money HRC wants, you'd think they could splurge $50 extra and put the top stuff in there in the first place. The low point drain valves quit after about 8 years. I replaced them myself, but since all the plumbing is put on with crimped fittings, (common these days) it required the purchase of a $100 crimping tool to make a factory type repair. A worm drive clamp won't work. All little things, but avoidable if the manuf. simply puts a little extra into the build.

Overall, we're pretty pleased with the HR but now that the family is gone, we are on the hunt for a slightly used AS again. We're just waiting to see what diesel is gonna do.

Good luck.
ATVr is offline   Reply With Quote