Been reading lots of valuable information on this forum since I purchased my first travel trailer this year. I'm new to camping and this is my first post. I purchased a new 2013 Palomino Solaire 307QBDSK Eclipse Package on 4-27-2013 from Terrell Camping Center in Terrell, NC. I would get the Eclipse Package, worth the money for the extra options.
1. We do like our Solaire and have had a few minor issues, just like any other Manufacture.
2. I would not buy out of state, buy local. If you want warranty service, buy local. I did not buy from the dealer in Welcome, NC (near my house), only because of the attitude from the owner. They may be a good dealer, but I'm big on first impressions. I have been pleased with the service I get from Terrell and my sales person, Major. Terrell will give you close to the same price as the out of state company you asked about. I know, since I got a price from them as well. Trailer dealers work totally different than car dealerships. If you want warranty repairs done from another dealer, they will most likely make you pay for the repairs, deal with manufacture warranty direct for reimbursement if you did not buy from them. That is how the dealer in Welcome does it....
3. I like the Blue Onyx system with my F250, works great, easy to hook up and thats all you need.
4. Don't know anything about anti braking systems.
5. We have been going to Pirate Land Campground in Myrtle Beach, several times this year and love it.
Feel free to call me if you want to discuss more details.