Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2016, 08:59 AM   #29

Okay I'm just a tad confused.? Why not just use a camp stove Coleman sell them and a lot and a lot of other companies may come as well. They are easily convertible if you choose to go to the propane tanks. they can be modified to use on your TT as well. you can go to Walmart and buy them for under a hundred bucks I've seen them as low as 50. and brand new. use a table or buy a bumper mount to install it's on.... Dusty

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2016, 09:05 AM   #30

This could be but for fifty bucks
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2016, 11:45 AM   #31

Here is a really good propane grill called a "Nexgrill" that I bought from Costco about 2 years ago and here is a photo that I took at Costco yesterday.
One thing that is so neat about this grill is that it comes with an external regulator. It, with the proper fittings and hose, can be used with the regulated propane outlet on the side of our camper or be used with the regulator and a 1 lb propane bottle.

Here is a modification that I made to the grill that allows the cooking surface (grate) to be lowered so that a skillet can be moved closer to the burner for higher heat. This is good for cooking bacon or fish. The added screw is on the back side of the grill.

Bigbird65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:52 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
gazingm42

Cool, been thinking for a while how to make such a mount to carry a 18 inch Weber Charcoal ! Charcoal Is King !
So I decided to do it. I hate cooking on a gas grill and wanted something with an 18" Weber. I essentially used the bumper grill arm from Bills Bumper Q and built another arm that would plug into it and welded it to the legs of the Weber. Works like a charm and is by far my favorite RV cook grill yet. Highly recommend doing it.. just make sure to build it far enough away from the RV.

One note of consideration when I was building the design, you can actually detach the grill from the Bumper arm and it sits evenly on the ground to make a ground grill.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:58 PM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
UGH, this year I bought one of those fold up, stand them on their end for storage small grills....

guess what happens when you stand it up on it's end after cooking....
guess what happens even if it's mostly clean and dry and you stand it up on it's end, and it rains...

talk about messy...

I guess this is ok at a campsite, but not on my back patio
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 04:40 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyone View Post
Okay I'm just a tad confused.? Why not just use a camp stove Coleman sell them and a lot and a lot of other companies may come as well. They are easily convertible if you choose to go to the propane tanks. they can be modified to use on your TT as well. you can go to Walmart and buy them for under a hundred bucks I've seen them as low as 50. and brand new. use a table or buy a bumper mount to install it's on.... Dusty
My experience with Coleman camp stove vs 3 burner stove top points to the extra space a stove top provides for pots and pans. I had a Coleman camp stove for 20 years that was a hand me down from my dad that used for years before. Once I bought a pop-up camper and started using the stove top that came with it I haven't used my coleman stove since.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:34 PM   #35

I put mine in a plastic tub for travel. Easy to hose it out versus cleaning up the trailer or truck

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 07-28-2016, 05:39 PM   #36

Why not check one of these?,,,😱. Dusty
Old 07-28-2016, 05:41 PM   #37

Here it is,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1469745616944.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	134396  
Old 07-28-2016, 06:20 PM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett717 View Post
Yes a two or three burner gas stove is what I am looking for

2016 Rockwood 2504s Minilite
2006 F150

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
I just got one of these for my birthday (my request). Camp Chef Professional Series DB-60D Pro 60 2-Burner. I have been practicing with it at home on the weekends. It is very powerful and could handle anything from a griddle to a large fish frying pan. So far I have cooked bacon, eggs, and pancakes with it. I am really impressed with the quality of the burners and the way the legs fold up. They make a 3 burner version as well as a lighter duty and less expensive model. They have several accessories available including a pizza oven. I can't wait to brew some coffee and cook some bacon & eggs outside in the mountains of CO next month.
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 05:17 PM   #39

Look up Bills Bumper Q... very nice and easy to use. When done just fold back to bumper and drive off. Stays mounted to the rear bumper.. I like mine. My new trailer came with an outside Q, gave it to a buddy and installed my old Bills....