Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2015, 02:17 PM   #1

Looking for opinions please..

Howdy, was looking for anyone with experience with two travel trailers, either the jayco jay flight or prime time avenger, feed back, good or bad is greatly appreciated. THANKS!
sissys is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2015, 04:25 PM   #2

We have a jayco swift 28BHBE that we purchased in February 2014. We have camped in it 8 times now and as of last month in below freezing temps. We love it so far. The biggest selling point was that we bought at the Dallas show and got a 5 year warranty. Just took it in at the beginning of the month for some minor fixes...nothing major. Had to replace a piece of trim, rear door lock was out of alignment and a couple other little things. They had it for 2 weeks and all is fixed. My only regret is that we didn't opt for the model with the outdoor kitchen...especially for warmer weather days. We have found that we were almost always outside, weather permitting.

Good luck!
Dan
Old 01-22-2015, 05:48 PM   #3

I agree about the outdoor kitchen, the 27rl doesn't either. It's just my husband and I so no need for bunks, and we intend on living in it. Hope by spring it's a reality. thanks for your input!
Old 01-23-2015, 06:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissys View Post
I agree about the outdoor kitchen, the 27rl doesn't either. It's just my husband and I so no need for bunks, and we intend on living in it. Hope by spring it's a reality. thanks for your input!
Having the outdoor kitchen is why we bought our Minnie. We were taking a close look at Jayco trailers, but couldn't find a Jayco model that had the same features as our Minnie. That beings said, I think the Jayco trailers are a pretty good trailer and the 2 year warranty is a plus.

One negative trend I'm seeing in Jayco trailers as well as others is equiping them with awnings that are not the maximum length for the specific trailer such as only installing a 15' awning where there is room to install an 18' awning. Another observation with some of the lightweight Jayco trailers was showers where a separate shower wall material wasn't used....the wall material used in the rest of the bathroom was used for the shower walls. I think they've stopped doing that based on looking at 2015 models.

If you find a Jayco trailer that you really like, it would be a good choice. Just compare it to similiar trailers from other manufacturers and see which has the best quality and price for your budget.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:38 AM   #5

thank you for the feed back, have been looking at a great deal of trailers, just narrowing it down..
Old 01-24-2015, 06:41 AM   #6

Hi
On our second Jayco trailer.
First was a 2012 Jayflight 22FB and the second is a 2014 Jayflight 26RLS
First one we had zero issues with
Second has had to have a few things done but nothing of major concern
BIL just did the search and ended up with a Jayco Jayflight 27RLS
BIL opted for the Fiberglass sides over the aluminum on the Jayflight which is new for 2015 models
If you look closely the Jayco's are a little heavier units Floor is 5/8 plywood where some brands are 1/2 or even 3/8 inch
The ultra lights all use some type of foam and lightweight man made fibre or Luan plywood. Not sure how that will hold up over time.
We looked at a lot of brands and are satisfied with the Jayco quality at this time.
BIL came to the same conclusion and he has binders of trailer info he put together.
They are all a huge brick you are pulling down the road that are your home on wheels. All homes need maintenance Some more than others
There are good builders, so so builders and poor builders. Pick what you can afford and what you are willing to put up with for quality.
My opinion is the Jayco are built better than some of the others on the bones of the trailer
Your mileage may vary

RRII
Old 01-24-2015, 05:45 PM   #7

Hi road runner, and thanks for sharing, we have looked at so many over the years, so now have narrowed it down to a couple. And yes, price does play a part for us, but there are some good units to be had. This has been a long time coming and just cant's wait to get out of the rat race! ha thanks again!!
Old 01-24-2015, 06:20 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Back a few years ago while looking for a new tt, we found the Jayco's had very small fresh water tanks. I believe they are larger now. At the time (2012) the floorplans we were looking at had 23 gallon tanks. It was really a deal breaker for that brand as we do a lot of 7 night stays at state parks without a direct water outlet at each site.

The Aerolite we bought has a 53 gallon. Especially if you say you are going to live in the unit, you want at least a 40 or 50+ gallon fresh water tank.

Quote:
This has been a long time coming and just cant's wait to get out of the rat race!
Couldn't agree more...Have 300 more work days, then it is off to Alaska for the summer (2016)
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:14 PM   #9

Yes, the tanks are larger now, 44 gal. on the 27rl , and the elite pkg. has 82 gal. So yea, it's good for us, we do not intend on boondocking much, if at all, but always good to get others in put, thanks!! Wow, Alaska, has been our dream trip, and still hope one day to get there, I watch the videos and envy all that get to go, so have a great trip!!!!
Old 01-24-2015, 09:25 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Didn't really think about the size of the fresh water tanks for any boon-docking. We usually stay at state parks with electric service for 7 days. Just the normal washing dishes, hands, some showers, toilet usage. Depending how clean the parks shower facilities are, will determine how much we use the shower in the tt. Even stayed 10 nights at a park and didn't run out of water. More is better.

Even when we go to AK. I kind of plan to boon-dock a day or two, then hit a private park by the 3rd night. I figure 3 weeks to get to Fairbanks AK.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:40 PM   #11

"Surerslif", was looking at your pictures, you sure have been to some wonderful places, Makes me want to be on the road, "yesterday"!!
Old 01-31-2015, 02:49 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
You can see by my pics, we do get around. Maybe 50-60 nights a year. Mostly at the State Parks in OH. PA. NY and VT. Just go to relax...get away from the city and the work life.

People work way too much....too hard....too long....life is too short. Like the saying says "Go RVing !!"

Prefer more remote state parks that have electric service, shower facilities and are on rivers or lakes. Non-electric parks are fine such at in VT and national parks.

We call ourselves "Semi-Professional RVers".
Old 02-04-2015, 05:44 PM   #13

Hi, like I said, we so envy you, we hope to be out there too by this summer. Life is too short, We want to "live" not just exist. Happy day to ya!