Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2019, 08:56 AM   #15

You did say used, but here is a closeout on a nice Camplite by Livinlite (all aluminum) up in Brooksville, FL
https://www.registerrvcenter.com/Veh...-FL/3375738863

Another in Ocala, FL
https://www.optimumrv.com/product/us...1rbs-980130-29

There is also a Bigfoot dealer in Florida, but I only saw new stock. Inverness
2019 BIGFOOT 25RQ 2500 SERIES REAR ISLAND QUEEN - Como RV - Inverness, Florida 34450
Normal_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2019, 07:14 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldShu View Post
Do you mean Oliver? https://olivertraveltrailers.com We did the factory tour last year while in TN. They are nice....very nice and well built.
I did! Thanks for the correction. My olds-himers interfered.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 12:29 PM   #17

Our Heartland North Trail 22FBS has felt like better than typical quality (when we go shopping in other brands). In spite of what the model number implies, the box is roughly 25' long.

Ours is a Caliber Edition, which includes a number of upgrades. The main kitchen counter is a solid surface (like Corian) and has an under-hung stainless steel double sink. Really helps with the quality feel. I also appreciate the glass neo-angle shower. And it came with a comfort height ceramic toilet.

We've found that small modifications can enhance the feel. For example we swapped out the privacy glass in the door for clear smoked glass. What a difference!

Best regards,
Chris
BubbaChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:02 PM   #18

Artic Fox 25Y or if you don't have an HD truck than Lance would be the other.
cdoorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:27 PM   #19

We have a Forest River 2306 and seems to be tight and fairly well made. We've owned a variety and this is by far the best. We like our murphy bed.
steven blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:30 AM   #20

Any one have any advice about Pacific Coachworks? I am looking at a 2015 Tango 20 UL. It seems that almost all TT's have bad reviews?
gregcannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:54 PM   #21

I have a Coachman Freedom EXpress 192rbs which is 22 ft . I love the camper and have to say I haven’t seen any glaring issues with it for the year I have owned it .
Razz1603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:01 AM   #22

Just bought a new Dutchman Aspen Trail 1900RBWE, it is almost 25 feet. All of the manufacturers are about the same, exceptions are Air stream and Lance. You just have to find the floorplan you like and look at the individual trailer. There are books on line that can help. Research the dealership's reputation! They are the liason between you and the manufacturer. There are always problems with every brand, how they resolve the issue is the key to being a happy camper!
gregcannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:21 PM   #23

Take a look at Lance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorman295 View Post
Sold our 30’ Itasca MH and now looking to buy a quality used travel trailer in the 20’-25’ range. So many we have looked at are so cheaply built with cheap material and poor wood work, like they’re just slapped together. Would appreciate any recommendations from anyone who has experience with these. Don’t really care for Airstreams.
Hello Sailorman,

I’m new to this forum but wanted to share my experience since you mentioned your looking for a quality trailer in the 20 to 25 foot range. We were in the same boat. New to owning a travel trailer and we looked for over a year to find one that was well built, smallish in size, and lightweight. We love to visit CA state parks vs private RV places, as we’ve been tent campers for 25 years. In any event we finally found the perfect well built trailer that met our weight and size restrictions it’s a Lance 1985. If you haven’t looked at a Lance before I would recommend checking them out. We just love ours!
Vmcintee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 04:47 AM   #24

Lance

Welcome to the forum. I’ve heard many good things about Lance and definitely want to check them out. Unfortunately not many available here in South Florida.
Sailorman295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 04:51 AM   #25

Thanks to everyone for all the great recommendations. I now have some good leads to follow. I do like the layout of the Lance if I can find one locally.
Sailorman295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:50 AM   #26

Lance

Sailorman,

You might want to check the Lance Facebook group. Often times folks mention they are upgrading models, so good place to find leads in your area
Vmcintee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:08 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcannon View Post
All of the manufacturers are about the same, exceptions are Airstream ...
Sadly true ! The industry standard roofing material is EPDM (or some other "rubber" roofing) that does not hold up well against ultraviolet (sunlight) unless it is washed (mild soap and water) and treated with a UV inhibitor a couple times a year. Even then, massive amounts of caulk/sealants are used that seem to fail far too soon.

There are better solutions and yes they would cost more. Would you pay an extra $2K-$3K for a roof that was guaranteed against leaks for 20 years ?
Old 03-24-2019, 03:56 AM   #28

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Taylor Coach. You'll never look at an American made RV the same way again.
Rvnubee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality