Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2015, 10:12 AM   #1

Looking for the perfect travel trailer.

Greeting all! I hope someone has suggestions:
OK, the internet is a big "place". I have been looking and looking and gotten close to what I want, but no luck so far.
I am looking for a (in order of importance)
26-28 foot (Fiberglass of metal)
2 bunk bunkhouse
plenty pf counter-space
bathroom entrance
1 full depth slide, (with windows would be nice)
u-shaped dinette
Things i don't need or that don't matter (but will accept)
outside coax and tv mount
outside shower - no one wants to see me shower outside
outside kitchen - got all the equipment we need already
interior decorations - long as it is not 1970's crushed velvet
a couch - I am the point of finding a unit that has everything else and just replacing the couch with more counter-space - problem there is that the couch usually has limited head room if it is in a slide, but if the counter is deep enough it may not matter.
Any help would be appreciated!
Arefbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2015, 11:00 AM   #2

should be found

what your looking for should not be that hard to find. what is your price point, new or used?

Jim
sprayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:10 PM   #3

We just bought a Jayco 28bhbe and seems to have everything you mentioned. The Box is 28ft and 33ft bumper to hitch..not sure if that's what you meant by 26-28. We love it.
saldivo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:45 PM   #4

Winnebago 28DDBH or maybe a Coleman 296BH or 281BH.
Also Kodiak 276BHSL.

These were all on my list of well made rigs with great features and fin'n'finish.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:48 PM   #5

Sorry took so long to reply!
Excellent choices. I knew I was in the right place!
Sprayman - looking for a mid-range price new or gently used (I like used since all the dealer repairs hopefully are done)

Thanks all!
Old 04-17-2015, 02:28 PM   #6

Arefbee,

I highly recommend that you look at Salem Hemisphere 312 QBUD. It has everything your asking for and then some. Just so happens that I have a gently used 2013 for sale too. Let me know if you may be interested. I'm near Chicago.

Jeff.
jjvallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:59 AM   #7

At best, you may find an almost perfect trailer. I don't think there really is a perfect trailer made by American RV companies. Some are better than others, but not perfect.

Good luck in your search!
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:38 AM   #8

Good luck. There is no such thing.
padre44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:11 PM   #9

Not sure why you guys are so jaded...
The idea of finding the perfect combination of size, features, floorplan etc. is not THAT far fetched.
And if you find one that has everything on your "must-have" and "want" list and it's well made, I'm not sure why you can't call it perfect.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:30 AM   #10

I guess I was also considering "perfect" to be free of defects or flaws. And, you've got to own and live in several trailers before you really know what is "perfect"....which also applies to a traditional home.

I agree that it may be possible to find a trailer that meets your specs for size, floorplan, features, etc. but it does seem that there are a lot of folks out there that can be really picky about very small details. I'm not suggesting this about the OP.

But as an example of how a personal requirement can be an issue, we really wanted a trailer with an outdoor kitchen. Just that single issue eliminates a vast majority of the models of trailers currently manufactured. If we were adament about having a sofa rather than dinette, a Minnie would have not been on our short list...not sure if I could find a trailer in the same size class that would. So, the ease of finding a "perfect" trailer can be a challenge depending on the required specifics. And in today's market....what if you must have a trailer with an interior that features light stained/colored cabinets and interior? I have a feeling that within a couple of years, the industry standard is going to flip back to lighter wood tones. I hear on one forum that Jayco is already making the shift with their 2016 models.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:48 AM   #11

True, styles and taste and decor change all the time. I don't think there is a perfect trailer forever.
I've seen some trailers that are just a couple years old and already look very dated.

The 2301BH Minnie has the outdoor kitchen and a couch... but also bunks and no slide. Probably not what you were looking for, but exactly what we wanted. So it's perfect for us as long as the kids still camp with us. Then we'll switch it up for no bunks and a bigger bath and entertainment center.
I'm still on the fence about the slide. I do like the extra elbow room but cost, weight, leaks and slide failures are just too much of an issue. And that applies to rigs of all types and price ranges. Every forum is filled with people with slide issues. Sure, some camp a lifetime and never have a slide issue... it just seems to be the biggest issue in RVs.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:45 AM   #12

I realize no RV is ever going to be truly perfect (we have kids so it would not be for long at least) - but I also have faith that at least one of the myriad of models out there meet most of my requirements.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
Old 04-24-2015, 09:58 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI-Minnie View Post

The 2301BH Minnie has the outdoor kitchen and a couch... but also bunks and no slide. Probably not what you were looking for, but exactly what we wanted. So it's perfect for us as long as the kids still camp with us. Then we'll switch it up for no bunks and a bigger bath and entertainment center.
The 2301BH is no longer available in the Minnie or Sunnybrook Remington line. It looks as though the only trailers without a slide are the 18' models and the micro Minnie.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:50 PM   #14

I don't think you'll find a 26-28' trailer with u shaped dinette and couch. A Nash 25C is pretty close, and you can order a convertible couch in place of the Queen bed.

Do you have a 3/4 or 1 ton to tow?
marcham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel, travel trailer