Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2015, 09:36 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Looking to purchase new trailer

We have looked and looked at TT. We have it narrowed down to these 2 trailers. I would like to hear comments such as towing or any problems and of course some good comments as well. Both trailers are made by Forest River and 2 different dealers.

Flagstaff 26VFK - Vfront, front kitchen, 2 slides, rear bedroom, 29'

Forest River Vibe 26RKS - semi V frontal area, 1 slide, rear kitchen, 32'

Dry weights on yellow sticker around 6100 lbs and hitch weight 750 on each one. Rated GVWR 7780. The only reservation that I have on the rear kitchen Vibe model is that things may get bounced around.
TXredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2015, 05:52 AM   #2

TV

what is the tow vehicle???

Jim
sprayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:09 AM   #3

front kitchen

We just got a viewfinder 19 with the front kitchen. so far the design is everything we hoped for. appliances and sink form the triangle shape that most kitchen designers favor and being in front of the unit does seem to aid with ride. (unpacked coffee maker was found unharmed in the exact spot on the counter it was left 200 miles ago)
Squeaky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:40 AM   #4

They both look amazing, I can't really offer an opinion, but I will offer a gripe-

Why do so many manf put the floor register in the middle of the floor? Places where you are bound to stand? Right in front of the island where things are likely to be dropped?

Bugs the heck out of me. In so many cases a slight move would put it out of the mainstream traffic flow.
Smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:08 PM   #5

Jayco Owners Club
My TT is a rear-kitchen model. Stuff does get bounced around a lot. The rear of these trailers is the roughest ride in the unit. I have to pack things in the cabinets with bubble wrap and towels or I wind up with stuff all over the place, like I just pitched it in there. It's my only gripe about the floor plan I have. We'll be trading up soon, because we need more room. It won't be a rear-kitchen model. The smoothest riding part is over the wheels, and the kitchen has more stuff in it than the rest of the trailer. That's where our next kitchen will be.

Best of luck with your choice...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:51 PM   #6

A friend of ours says the rear kitchen can be a rough ride. That things such as glasses, dishes can bounce around. But like anything else in our TT we learn to pack everything it it spot. So I think you can adjust if you like the
layout for "your" family.

I would be looking at a tow vehicle make sure you now over rated. Don't listen to the dealer they will tell you anything you need to hear. Do your own research and ask questions here!
Old 05-14-2015, 12:16 AM   #7

Just another vote against the rear kitchen, at that area, tow vehicle makes no difference. Too much bounce rear of the wheels to get a good smooth ride there.
DTW
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:10 PM   #8

Just to add to what has already been said, don't listen to the dealer. We bought new and wish we hadn't. Bought a 33' Passport TT, and less than 90 days ownership and we have a serious water leak with mold. New unit sat in the sun for months with no one maintaining the roof and seals. Ask your dealer if they do a water leak test on their units before they sell them. Answer will be "no." Ask how long your unit has sat outside on the lot. Probably can't tell you. Find a late model used TT and check for water leaks. Buy an extended warranty. Good luck!
Micah.TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:18 PM   #9

Agree with those that say the rear of the trailer is the roughest. We have rear bath. The way things get thrown around I am glad it is not a rear kitchen.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:15 AM   #10

9 months ago we got our 2015 Forrest River Grey Wolf 26RL ( looks very simular to the Vibe ,except rear living ,side kit. ) so far, after about 5 trips, we love it, the rear living was a must for me. Only problem so far was an A/C proplem. .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1223141427a.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	361.0 KB
ID:	94917  
rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:39 AM   #11

we have a 2014 vs-24sd. Great Trailer. Check it out.

VS-24SD - Cruiser RV
webstrang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase