Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2016, 12:19 PM   #1

Love the triple bunk…competitive options?

So far I have found the forest creek 260 BH but it looks like its not even in the lineup anymore If I could snag one used it seems like it would fit the bill.

The bill being a family of 5 with three kids under 10. I am all about No-Frills, minimalism and low maintenance. No TV? No problem! Id love a nice vintage in good shape if it had a triple bunk and a queen size bed.

Our plan is to purchase a Quad Cab pickup and RV somewhere out west and work our way back to CT next summer.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2016, 02:57 PM   #2

As you've found already; Plenty of Campers that will sleep 5+ but not many that have triple bunks. I sure love the 5'ers if I was going to have a pickup truck to pull something. I'm not really a minimalist though....

Good luck

okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:37 AM   #3

We have a Coachmen Catalina 303KDS. Three bunks in the back behind a sliding door. There is a small dinette table and two bench seats where a fourth bunk may exist in another model. Three kids myself. 6 year old on a top bunk, 3 year old on the only bottom bunk, and 1 year old in a pack-n-play where the removable dinette table resides. Nice set up for us.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:46 PM   #4

that is a cool setup, right now we have an 8 year old, 6 year old and a three year old all in a 1980 coleman popup! I found the starcraft AR1 bunkhouse model and am wondering if even though its only a double bunk it would feel huge compared to our current setup! Their lineup seems to pretty straightforward and "value" oriented.

Off topic does anyone know what exactly RV Trader means by "Plus- 1 year camping" on some of their posts?
Old 07-03-2016, 04:43 PM   #5

Overall, it's probably over the top for your preferences, but we have the Keystone Passport 3320BH. The bunk sleeps 4, plus the standard queen in the front. I think it's technically rated to sleep 9 people. I believe it has only been around a few model years though, so used may be tough.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:18 PM   #6

Sounds very similar to our situation. We've been looking at the triple bunks (7yo, 5yo, 2yo) and we're also very minimalist. We currently have a 2005 26' fifth wheel, but the arrangement isn't good for kids - we have to make and unmake the couch and table beds daily. We would have liked to have kept the layout more to the 24' - 27' foot range so I'm not we'll find it. We may have to go with the double bunks.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:46 PM   #7

I was just looking at a few triple bunks. Coachmen makes one in the freedom express line, I believe it is the 22TBS. Lance also has one.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:10 PM   #8

We looked at a wildwood tonight which had 4 bunks in the back. With a door to close it off from the rest of the trailer. There is 2 on each side in the back with the slideout. I would personally look at it.
Old 07-16-2016, 10:05 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazingm42 View Post
We looked at a wildwood tonight which had 4 bunks in the back. With a door to close it off from the rest of the trailer. There is 2 on each side in the back with the slideout. I would personally look at it.
Wildwood 282QBXL is the 1 slide model with this floor plan. 29QBDS is the 2 slide model.

Wildwood has a 26TBSS with triple bunks.
Old 07-16-2016, 11:32 PM   #10

Crossroads Z1 makes a few models. We have a Z1 328sb, which has three bunks plus a small bunk, plus a trundle bed.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:52 AM   #11
RPr

I am curious what passes for "minimalist" these day? No TV, no microwave?

I have not seen much in a modern TT or 5ver that would pass for minimal.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:20 AM   #12

Thanks for the awesome responses!

Minimalist is subjective but to me it means a place to sleep, lav, fridge and environmental control. Currently our 1980 pop-up meets one of these needs and we are looking for some more room on a cross country adventure we have planned for next summer.

One of the aims we have in camping is unplugging the family from modern conveniences.