Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2016, 10:20 AM   #1

Low water pressure in my 2006 Spirit of America

Hey all, I have a problem with my water pressure.

I just bought a used 2006 Coachmen Spirit of America 28' camper from an individual.
I filled up the fresh water tank and was letting the water run threw the kitchen sink for awhile just to flush out the system, everything was fine and had really good pressure. I had to leave for an hour or so so I shut everything off and left. When I came back to finish up it now doesn't have the pressure it did before I left. I thought it might be the pump so I bought a new one and it's doing the same thing. I've pulled the lines from the pump and put some air to them to see if it might have something in it, also drained the tank and refilled it, still does the same. I'm at a loss of what to do now. City connection works perfectly when I hook up to it. Any suggestions would be great fully appreciated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2016, 10:44 AM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.

Did the new pump come with a new strainer or did you transfer the strainer from the original pump?

Old 05-06-2016, 10:58 AM   #3

It did not, and the old pump didn't have one either that I know of. It also doesn't have a water filter on it.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:59 AM   #4

Most times city water pressure will be higher than that provided by the pump.
But if you had good flow/ pressure, from the pump at first then noticed a drop , that's a head scratcher.
I'm assuming the reduced flow is common on all faucets , not just the kitchen.
Have you checked the strainers on the faucets them selves ?
Old 05-14-2016, 07:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Most times city water pressure will be higher than that provided by the pump.
But if you had good flow/ pressure, from the pump at first then noticed a drop , that's a head scratcher.
I'm assuming the reduced flow is common on all faucets , not just the kitchen.
Have you checked the strainers on the faucets them selves ?
X2, check the strainers on each faucet, clean them out and water pressure should improve.. Also, there should be a strainer on the input side of the pump. It's a small clear "bowel" with a screen that stops foreign objects from being ingested into the pump and ruining the diaphragm. GET ONE!
Old 05-14-2016, 09:11 AM   #6

R u running the pump while plugged in shore power r off battery only,maybe batteries r low??

Tags
water, water pressure