Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #1

Magic Chef oven doesn't light

I am having problems lighting our Magic Chef Recreational oven in our Prowler Lite. Cooktop burners light but the auto pilot for the stove does not. Don't even hear gas. Is there a button I should be looking for to light my oven? Thanks for any assistance out there
Floreska is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #2

My oven on flagstaff 831rkss does not have a auto light on the oven , only on the cook top

I had to hold in on the pilot light button for a while and then it lit ?
capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #3

Try turning the knob to pilot and push in and hold.Use a long match or butane lighter and reach in the oven to the thermostate sensor.The lighting area will be in front of the thermo.When it lights hold the button in for 30 seconds then release.That should do it.Most oven units must be lit manually
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #4

Thank you all for your suggestions. Actually I figured it out just before we left on our trip. Held down the auto pilot then turned it to broil where the pilot lit. Took about 60 seconds to actually turn on to broil. I could then turn it down to my desired temp. However, I found that each time I needed to use the oven or cooktop I had to use a match.
Floreska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #5

We also found out that between trips,(we camp probably 2/3 times a month,) the gas will be replaced with air in the line and you have to hold the match longer than usual to get the propane back down the line into the oven. Safe travels. and have a ball out in your camper..