Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The wife and I bought a bed from bedinabox.com and were very impressed with the price and the product when looking around. Wwway cheaper than tempurpedic!!!

99 Dutchman Lite. 30'. 2002 Ford F-350 Superduty 7.3 Liter Navistar Diesel manual 4x4, 3.73 ratio, True Blue, Bone StockSOLD! Current tow beast: 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel Allison 1000 Automatic 4x4, 3.73, Onxy Black, Bone Stock.
fbh31118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
We got a 2 to 3 inch memory foam topper from WallyWorld, where else? It was on sale for under $50, sleeps very well.

Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:39 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmjtx View Post
Don't know if TT weight is an issue, but we went to Sam's Club and bought a new queen mattress in our first TT. Our new TT came with a Serta, but we opted for the original Sam's mattress and switched it before we sold the old TT.
My aunt got new mattress and it was very well designed. Colors were amazing but I forgot to ask her about the name and source from she purchased. Will share pics and source next time
Old 11-29-2012, 10:16 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
We got rid of the one we had in our 1997 36' Dolphin M.H. and purchase two Air mattresses which are adjacent to each other and we have our own controllers.
We have had them for a long time and still get a good nights sleep.
just a thought.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #19

In NC there is a chain called Original Mattress that will custom size any of their mattress offerings to the exact spec that you need. They also have no hang ups about mattress only, as they make all their products. Their king mattress are hinged in the middle for folding if necessary to get to the bedroom! My personal preference is the orthopedic king. Remember they usually set on a platform instead of a box spring, so the mattress is a little firmer than the demo in the store. My Alpine 3600RS had a deluxe mattress but it was quickly replaced by a custom orthopedic queen after our first weekend get away.
I am sure there are stores like this in other areas that you can find to ask about custom sizes. If not I know that our place ships and will do pickups as the factory is on South Blvd, just off of I-485 in Charlotte NC.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Many campers come with a special size mattress called an RV Queen, or a short queen. Standard US queen is 60" x 80". RV queen size is 60X74 or 75.

You can buy a wonderful 60x80 Euro-top interspring Serta queen-size mattress from Sam's Club for about $500. But they don't sell the RV size. If you can make the full-size queen mattress fit on your bed, in you bedroom, that's the least-expensive way to get a quality mattress for an excellent price.

Very firm = SertaŽ Perfect SleeperŽ Adina Plush Pillowtop Mattress - Queen - Sam's Club

Firm = SertaŽ Carswell Plush Eurotop Mattress Set - Queen - Sam's Club

We replaced the really-awful stock short-queen mattress in our 2012 TT with the Serta Carswell. It barely fit the hole, but it has been as good as our mattress at home for a 3-week trip last summer.

Camping World sells RV Queen mattresses made out of either foam (Tempur-Pedic and less-expensive brands), or air mattresses by Sleep Number Beds. I don't want an air mattress or a foam bed, so I look until I find a quality interspring mattress that will fit in the hole.

There are several mattress factories that will custom-make you a quality short queen mattress, but that will cost you a lot more than the $500 for the 60x80 Serta EuroTop or PillowTop from Sam's Club.
Grumpy ole man with over 50 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7,000-pound enclosed cargo trailer, RV is a 5,600 pound Skyline Nomad Joey 196S, and my tow vehicle is a 2012 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCrew.
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #21

This outfit will make a custom mattress. Not inexpensive though.

Rocky Mountain Mattress in Utah

Memory Foam Mattress | Custom Mattress | Adjustable Bed | Custom Made Mattress | Latex Bed

We ordered an 8" one today (60 x 75 with radius bottom corners and a curve in the top left corner for our Airstream) for around $635 delivered. There is a special upgrade from 7' to 8" this month at no additional charge. The custom shape added about $100 to the base price. Freight and sales tax were not charged.

YMMV
Old 12-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #22

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyWren View Post
Many campers come with a special size mattress called an RV Queen, or a short queen. Standard US queen is 60" x 80". RV queen size is 60X74 or 75.

You can buy a wonderful 60x80 Euro-top interspring Serta queen-size mattress from Sam's Club for about $500. But they don't sell the RV size. If you can make the full-size queen mattress fit on your bed, in you bedroom, that's the least-expensive way to get a quality mattress for an excellent price.
Serta does make an Short Queen mattress which is designed to be used in an RV on a board without a foundation (what used to be called a box spring). We bought one nearly two years ago and are very pleased with it. Here's the link to what we purchased: Adventurer Euro Top Foam Serta Queen Camper Mattress There is free shipping and we had absolutely no trouble getting it in the coach by ourselves.

Serta also makes a slightly less expensive version which we have not tried and cannot comment on.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Good find, docj. I looked and looked on the Serta website, and not a hit of this product. The Serta search engine is lousy. Serta makes a 60x74 size in at least three different constructions - interspring, foam, and Eurotop interspring. Here's the one I'd order:
Horizon Euro Top Innerspring Short RV Queen Serta Mattress Part# 701556.S