Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #1

Maybe Crazy, but a Dishwasher?!

This probably seems outrageous/crazy -- but I HATE doing dishes. Detest it. I'm thinking about getting a small counter size dishwasher for my RV. Has anyone else done this? Any recommendations? I'm looking at some here Portable Dishwashers -- if you have any advice or product knowledge or just wanna back me up and tell my husband that HE is the crazy one because HE doesn't do the dishes, I'm all for it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
I agree. I have a built in drawer dishwasher and I love it!! Would be worth the investment.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Fisher Paykal (SP?) makes a drawer one that I see in some Newmar's and there are other brands also.
Not sure I'd want to give up the drawer space though.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #4

Fisher and Paykel.
This is #1 on Janet's wish list but it's hard to give up the drawer space.
Home & Kitchen Appliances - Creative Living from Fisher & Appliances - Fisher & Paykel Appliances - United States of America
Old 08-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #5

iRV2 No Limits Club
I have a love/hate relationship with dishwashers; I love to hate them. When I did have one, I was constantly having to fiddle with it.

The TT I'm planning on buying has a paucity of counter space and no TT will have enough storage space to justify giving up drawer space. I also detest doing dishes so I use paper plates, disposable bowls, etc. when practical. What dishes I do dirty, I wash immediately or they will pile up and I'll never get them done.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #6

I just know I'm gonna get in trouble for this, but here it is. My wife loves to bake and cook, I love to eat everything she prepares, she hates doing dishes . In the spirit of cooperation and mainly because I really love her, I wash all the dishes.I do not put them away though, she cannot find things if I do.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:41 PM   #7

Florida Cooters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post

I just know I'm gonna get in trouble for this, but here it is. My wife loves to bake and cook, I love to eat everything she prepares, she hates doing dishes . In the spirit of cooperation and mainly because I really love her, I wash all the dishes.I do not put them away though, she cannot find things if I do.
Me To !!
Old 08-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
I had the Fisher Paykel drawer dishwasher in my stick house and loved it! It's smaller than most conventional dishwashers, but would still take up a lot of space.
llmrealestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #9

We've got the Fisher Pakel in our MH and love it. I was the one who did dishes by hand and didn't mind it but the DW wanted a dish washer.

It does take up drawer space but we know quite a number of people that use it for storing dishes.
Road Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:01 AM   #10

I've got two dish washers. Ones named Lilly, the other Braden.

I'm sure they cost a lot more and take up far more space. However, I am happy to have them around.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:22 AM   #11

My dishwasher is 67 years old, still georgous, and still multi-tasking. I do all the outdoor cooking, busboy duties, driving and maintenance. I dry the dishes when we are in a hurry to go somewhere, otherwise air dry is OK.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:32 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
My wife loves the motorhome. In part because that is the only time I will do dishes. My sink faces the TV and I just watch TV while i do dishes. Really, we just share the chores. We take turns on the dishes and bed making.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:33 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Our MH came with a Whirlpool dishwasher that we though wouldn't get much use. Boy were we wrong. Dishwashers aren't as much about washing them as they are having a place to hide them until there are enough to wash. We use paper plates a lot so it gets filled with utensils, coffee mugs, beer glasses and other small stuff until it is full or we need something in it.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:02 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
I have a love/hate relationship with dishwashers; I love to hate them. When I did have one, I was constantly having to fiddle with it.

The TT I'm planning on buying has a paucity of counter space and no TT will have enough storage space to justify giving up drawer space. I also detest doing dishes so I use paper plates, disposable bowls, etc. when practical. What dishes I do dirty, I wash immediately or they will pile up and I'll never get them done.
X2 on the paper plates. The RV is our vacation home. When we are in it we are both on vacation.

Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote