Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2019, 08:57 AM   #1

Me again, and dumb as ever!

You folks have been so helpful and kind to me that I hate to keep coming back for more, but please remember that I literally had never even WALKED INSIDE an RV (TT) before I bought mine in an emergency situation (house burned, needed a place to live during rebuild) so it is a safe bet that I am the least inform RV/TT owner who has ever used this web site. Yet you ladies and gentlemen have held my hand and got me to where I am now, which is lightyears ahead of where I was just 2 short weeks ago. But alas, I'm still lost so I hope you will help me again.....

Shown in a separate post immediately following this one is a photo of the small "box" on the side of my travel trailer. This is the area (about 12 x 10 inches) where my cable tv and hose pipe connects to my RV. But there are several things in this area (which is under a plastic panel/cover) which I just can't figure out! Please help!!!

OK, first is the thing that looks like the controls for a sink since it has hot and cold handles. Now, I assume this is for an outdoor shower or an outdoor kitchen. Is it one of those, both of those, or neither of those? Then here is another problem. Between the hot and cold handles there is a silver pipe sticking out that I would assume is where the water comes out that is controlled by the hot/cold knobs. But it doesn't. No matter if I set the other switch on water tank or city water, or whether I turn the pump switch on or not---no water comes out of that little pipe. That isn't my only problem with it!!!!! I can't figure out what kind of attachment is supposed to connect to it. again, I'm talking about the 3-4 inch silver "pipe" that is sticking out and located right bewtween hot and cold water handles. I can't get any water to come out of it, and I also cannot find any kind of attachment for it. I thought perhaps a shower head with a short hose attached to it, or maybe that a hose pipe attached to it so I could have hot and cold water come out of a hose, which would be great for washing my dog, etc. but I can't find anything to fit that little pipe and it doesn't seem to even have threads. It lookd like it might take some kind of push on attachment but I can't tell. What gives??

Then there is that little red switch that says pump. When I turn it on the light comes on for it, but no water comes out of the little pipe, and I also don't hear a pump come on (it was windy so its possible I just didn't hearit but I think I'd have heard it). does this red pump switch do the same thing as the "pump" switch on the inside of my TT? When I turn it on (the one inside the camper) I can hear a pump kick on.

ALso in the photo you will see a place that looks like a female hose pipe connection. What is this all about? Is that for a hose? if doe the hot/cold handles control it? If so, I can't get it to work....when I turn the hot AND the cold handles all the way on (lefty lucy) no water comes out of these either. same thing when I turn the pump switch on.

I have more questions about the things inside this little area, but I have asked too many already for you guys to remember and answer, so lets stop here and maybe continue if and when I get answers to other things I've just asked. Thank you soooooo much!!! What is sad about all this is that you guys have been 1,000 times more helpful than the dang dealer who sold me my unit and profited off me, while you guys haven't, won't, and can't make a dime from helping me. So again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for your help and patience with my "Newbie squared" questions. Photo to follow.....
thecityman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2019, 09:01 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Usually an outside shower. You may have a cut off valve either inside or under the th right there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecityman View Post
You folks have been so helpful and kind to me that I hate to keep coming back for more, but please remember that I literally had never even WALKED INSIDE an RV (TT) before I bought mine in an emergency situation (house burned, needed a place to live during rebuild) so it is a safe bet that I am the least inform RV/TT owner who has ever used this web site. Yet you ladies and gentlemen have held my hand and got me to where I am now, which is lightyears ahead of where I was just 2 short weeks ago. But alas, I'm still lost so I hope you will help me again.....

Shown in a separate post immediately following this one is a photo of the small "box" on the side of my travel trailer. This is the area (about 12 x 10 inches) where my cable tv and hose pipe connects to my RV. But there are several things in this area (which is under a plastic panel/cover) which I just can't figure out! Please help!!!

OK, first is the thing that looks like the controls for a sink since it has hot and cold handles. Now, I assume this is for an outdoor shower or an outdoor kitchen. Is it one of those, both of those, or neither of those? Then here is another problem. Between the hot and cold handles there is a silver pipe sticking out that I would assume is where the water comes out that is controlled by the hot/cold knobs. But it doesn't. No matter if I set the other switch on water tank or city water, or whether I turn the pump switch on or not---no water comes out of that little pipe. That isn't my only problem with it!!!!! I can't figure out what kind of attachment is supposed to connect to it. again, I'm talking about the 3-4 inch silver "pipe" that is sticking out and located right bewtween hot and cold water handles. I can't get any water to come out of it, and I also cannot find any kind of attachment for it. I thought perhaps a shower head with a short hose attached to it, or maybe that a hose pipe attached to it so I could have hot and cold water come out of a hose, which would be great for washing my dog, etc. but I can't find anything to fit that little pipe and it doesn't seem to even have threads. It lookd like it might take some kind of push on attachment but I can't tell. What gives??

Then there is that little red switch that says pump. When I turn it on the light comes on for it, but no water comes out of the little pipe, and I also don't hear a pump come on (it was windy so its possible I just didn't hearit but I think I'd have heard it). does this red pump switch do the same thing as the "pump" switch on the inside of my TT? When I turn it on (the one inside the camper) I can hear a pump kick on.

ALso in the photo you will see a place that looks like a female hose pipe connection. What is this all about? Is that for a hose? if doe the hot/cold handles control it? If so, I can't get it to work....when I turn the hot AND the cold handles all the way on (lefty lucy) no water comes out of these either. same thing when I turn the pump switch on.

I have more questions about the things inside this little area, but I have asked too many already for you guys to remember and answer, so lets stop here and maybe continue if and when I get answers to other things I've just asked. Thank you soooooo much!!! What is sad about all this is that you guys have been 1,000 times more helpful than the dang dealer who sold me my unit and profited off me, while you guys haven't, won't, and can't make a dime from helping me. So again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for your help and patience with my "Newbie squared" questions. Photo to follow.....
Old 11-27-2019, 09:03 AM   #3

This pic goes with previous post above

This photo corresponds to my post above
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191127_084650.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	264.7 KB
ID:	268028  
Old 11-27-2019, 09:17 AM   #4

Well you have figured out 2 of the connections I can see from the picture TV and Water supply to the trailer. yes it appears to be an outside shower. Hot and cold valves with appears to be a quick connect fitting in the middle. There should be a hose inside someplace in a storage compartment that has a shower head on one end and a quick connect fitting on the other end that goes on the fitting between the 2 valves. You need a hot battery if using the pump. The pump switch should light when you turn it on but no water will come out without the shower hose attached. Also you must have the valve on the right in the proper position for pump or city water. I cant see all the wording on the cover.

I think that if you look above your head, or to one side or the other, may have a light for the switch labeled "LIGHT'
Old 11-27-2019, 09:20 AM   #5

With

This pic includes the writing inside the panel to help you be able to help me! Ha. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191127_100704.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	264.9 KB
ID:	268030  
Old 11-27-2019, 09:25 AM   #6

Red switch=water pump. So you can use the outside shower from the fresh water tank.
White switch=light. Is there a light in the compartment?
The silver 3/4" pipe you see is for a quick disconnect hose end. You should've received a spray hose that has that male counterpart on the end of the hose.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Valterra-...ayer/113177330

The black female hose device is for your black tank rinse. You will need to use a non potable water hose with the black tank rinse. It's for rinsing after draining the black tank.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:28 AM   #7

Turn the blue valve to the left fill you fresh water tank. I am not familiar with the term Tank Flush with a FW tank. Perhaps it is tank drain.

Read the winterizing direction very carefully.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecityman View Post
This photo corresponds to my post above
Can you take another picture that allows us to see the labeling on the lid above this area. Most answers are narrowing down your questions, but we’re running a little blind without the labels. BTW.....Some of the attachments you mention do appear to have “quick connect” attachments, and without the other quick connect end, it won’t allow water to flow. Either find the other end, or you have to remove these quick connectors for water to flow.
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:00 AM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree with posts 4 & 6, that info should be correct.

This forum is all about RVers helping other RVers. NEVER be shy about posting a question here. Even well seasoned RVers don't know everything about all the various systems and parts. Some threads here are just for fun and socializing, kinda of an extended family. Many others are for seeking help and sometimes a post about something someone has done to their rig.

Very sorry to hear about about your old house. I've been though it once before.

Ask away and have fun.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:10 AM   #10

Black water flush should have its own hose connection. Never hook a non potable hose to your FW tank fill or City water hose attachment.

Edited: I just realized that what I thought was a black knob is in fact a Female hose connection for the black water flush. Never use your potable water hose in this connection,
Old 11-27-2019, 10:20 AM   #11

Post #6 covered the labels and items.

Red Pump switch....works just like the one inside
Lets you turn pump on from outside ....pump only runs when there is a demand like the outside shower

Tank Flush
Garden hose connected to black knob
Spray nozzle inside Black Tank to spray/rinse black tank after dumping.
NEVER leave hose connected/on with black tank dump valve closed and then WALK AWAY....NEVER! (tank fills and could spew out roof top vent OR blow pass toilet bowl seal and flood inside R!!!!!)
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:40 AM   #12

The answers to your questions have been top notch. The one not seen answered is why no water flow from quick connect shower connection. If the quick connect fitting is female, those often have a check valve built in that prevents flow until a hose is connected. Once you find and connect the hose, it is a good chance that there will be flow.

Also something to remember is that if you leave those shower valves on, it could have an impact on the mixing of hot water to your other faucets. Be sure to leave them in the closed position.
Ndrorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 03:31 PM   #13

Ditto Cumminsfan - I think he is right on. Agree with, ask away and there are no dumb questions.

I have been messing with camping trailers since 2008 and learned something just yesterday.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:40 PM   #14

@thecityman
Keep the questions coming. You help others that read these posts.
The whole “propane” problem was helpful to me. Gotta love these guys
that know their stuff!