Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #15

Restoration

What an amazing job you did!!!! I can relate to all the hardwork as we spent five months(a few days every week) renovating our tt due to water dammage.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #16

Fantastic! What a project.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Looks GREAT!! Congrats and enjoy; you did good.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #18

Thanks to all!
Seeking a solution to expand gray tank capacity and also to rinse out or back flush black tank using recycled gray water, I had previously thought of using a pump between the tanks to transfer over. Hadn't figured out the details yet. Then researching another black tank issue, along with all the advice to use lots of water for successful black tank usage, I came across a post by forum user "Dunner" who had installed this setup with much success. I picked his brain and came up with my version of it, very similar.

Now with empty tanks I installed a 5 gpm 45 psi pump. I used clear hose to observe the transfer and any potential clogs. You can barely see the hose if you know where to look. I then did some wiring! My bathroom vanity is on the other side of the wall from the converter. The dump valves are right under bathroom. The pump is directly above dump pipes. I tapped a wire onto the existing water pump circuit (won't be using both at same time). Ran that wire into bathroom vanity, installed a master toggle to key power to two different momentary push button switches. One is right next to the toggle, under bathroom sink. The other is mounted on a panel I made thats attached to the dump valves. With these two switches, I can use it to transfer to black tank from inside or I can use it to back flush and rinse black tank from outside after black is dumped.
In test run just now it works great! Since we usually only camp on weekends for now anyway, this will put off having to buy a honey pot cart for a while.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-370689688.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	560.6 KB
ID:	23396   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2330275133.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	469.2 KB
ID:	23397  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2770862450.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	434.9 KB
ID:	23398  

1996 Ram 3500 Cummins dually highly modified
Bigblue12v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #19

Awesome you did a great job on it.
campingmom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #20

Thanks again!

Old 07-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #21

Your renovation looks awsome, I hope mine turns out as nice as yours. I just joined the forum, I too am looking to rehaul my dutchmen 300 classic TT, I will have some interior walls to replace, and I will need to completely redo rubber roof and some boards under that. But my question to the poster (not to be intrusive) is about how much money did you spend on your project, you can pm me if you want, I'm just curious as to how much I might be spending on this. To everyone else, what does it usually cost to redo the dicor rubber roofs? I have am an electrician, and also have good carpentry skills. No plumbing skills yet though. So most if not all work will be done by me and my wonderful fiance.
96rigtrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #22

Thanks, ya shoot me a PM with your questions a little more specifically, I have been working a lot of hours and a lot of stuff happening in my off the clock time but pm me and I'll try to help out best I can.
Thanks
Eric

Old 07-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #23

Thor Owners Club
The before and after pictures show an amazing transformation. Great job!

I've not looked at any other restoration threads but you've certainly set a high bar for others to follow.
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #24

WOW! Kudos for not running in the other direction. I can't even imagine taking on such a BIG project, but you really pulled it off! AWESOME results for your hard work. I'm sure you'll enjoy your "new" trailer!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #25

Much thanks to all! Hopefully it'll inspire some of you to dive in and personalize your rigs more. If you don't have a clue what you're doing, dont do it! I didnt know much but had nothing to lose and very handy with things. It worked out.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
What a great job. You are very handy and must have "mucho" time to dedicate yourself to such an extensive project. I'm sure you kept track of your time and $$$ in completing this project, so when it was finally over, did you say to yourself...no manufacturer would make a unit such as this as it would cost too much. I replaced the carpet in my motorhome with tile and saved about $2000 in labor and material from a couple of quotes I received. Once again, what a great job.
dale240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #27

I have a rough idea what I have in it money wise but no idea how much time. A LOT. That's all I know lol. Worked on it every weekend and most weekday nights after working 12 hr days. Now I'm working so many hours at work I don't have time to use the trailer right now. I'm ok with that, the checks are big so I save some cash back to enjoy a trip out when the work slows down :-)

Old 07-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #28

Nice job I wish I had some skills like that.